Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Tax located at our Brisbane office. This is an exciting role that provides exposure to all aspects of corporate taxation. The primary role is to manage all aspects of income tax accounting and compliance function for an SEC registrant within a growing multinational pharmaceutical group of companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead U.S. based tax team consisting of two high performing team members. Provide appropriate coaching and guidance to direct reports, develop team to support their career aspiration
- Manage the preparation and supervision of the quarterly and year-end tax provisions and allocation under ASC 740 / FIN 48, including the timing and permanent differences between book and tax and maintain tax basis balance sheets for deferred tax calculation
- Reconcile U.S. general ledger tax accounts and consolidate global balance sheet tax accounts as required
- Assist in the preparation of the external financial statements in accordance with ASC 740. Evaluate the adoption of new accounting standards as necessary
- Manage the tax compliance function, including the compilation of the information needed for the preparation of the federal, state local and ex-US income tax returns
- Develop and maintain tax compliance policies
- Monitor legislative changes that may impact the Company’s tax positions
- Provide strategic tax advice on transactions and business structures
- Tax research and consulting:
- Address day to day tax issues related to federal, state, local and international income taxes
- Assist with projects including implementation of tax strategies and compliance with established tax policies
- Assist with withholding taxes and indirect taxes including state sales taxes and Value Added Taxes
- Assist in evaluating global supply chain implications and create reporting processes to support supply chain tax structure
- Support federal, state and local audits including research and responding to Information Document Requests
- Respond timely to tax notices received from various jurisdictions
- Support and implement SOX control procedures
- Collaborate closely with accounting and finance team members in monthly close and budgeting/forecasting process
- Other projects when assigned
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment effectively
- Exercise good judgment and make decision that is appropriate for the organization
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Strong technical and analytic skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Demonstrate coaching skill to develop team
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in Accounting preferably with a CPA, JD, Master’s Degree or some other form of advanced education
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in commercial stage biotech or pharmaceutical industry with a minimum of 5 years of Big 4 Public Accounting experience. Experience in a public company required.
- Experience and strong understanding of ASC 740
- Experience with State and Local tax
- Experience with International Taxation related to operations in Europe
- Experience in implementation of tax software and systems a plus
- Knowledge of computerized General Ledger system (experience with SAP a plus)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity