Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Patient Support Services and Marketing. The position reports to the Vice President, Market Access. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director, Patient Support Services and Marketing will lead a team responsible development and execution of patient support program and program marketing strategy for Myovant brands including building and implementing industry-leading patient support programs and effectively marketing patient support programs to healthcare professionals (HCPs) and patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting patient support program strategy and marketing strategy with input from key stakeholders including Myovant and Pfizer brand teams, medical, legal, regulatory and compliance
- Overseeing vendor selection, program design, implementation, and on-going management of patient support programs and vendors
- Overseeing development and execution of patient support marketing strategy and marketing materials in close collaboration with brand marketing team, medical, legal, regulatory, and compliance
- Leading patient support team including the Assoc. Director, Patient Support Operations, Sr. Manager Patient Support Operations, Assoc. Director Patient Support Marketing, Assoc. Director Field Reimbursement Managers to ensure high-quality execution of programs and marketing materials.
- Experience working with brand teams and other internal stakeholders to develop patient support program strategy including designing and implementing patient support services, including reimbursement support, copay support, adherence programs, fast start/bridge programs, and other services as required
- Experience developing and executing patient support marketing strategy, including messaging and materials in collaboration with brand teams. Materials include websites, digital, and print materials for HCPs and patients
- Experience working with brand teams and internal stakeholders to finalize key program elements and to conduct RFPs and vendor selection process
- Experience managing patients support program vendors to develop competitive pricing, contract terms, and driving program execution including program SOPs, workflows, and call scripts.
- Experience hiring and managing a team of patient support operations and marketing staff to oversee all aspects of the patient services programs and program marketing including day to day operations, troubleshooting and problem solving and coordination of marketing efforts with brands and other internal stakeholders such as legal and regulatory
- Experience selecting and overseeing patient support promotional agency to ensure that HCP and patient marketing materials are effectively executed
- Experience creating a collaborative partnership and an environment of accountability with vendors to deliver on service level commitments and to meet or exceed program KPIs
- Experience working with Commercial Operations team to identify and implement key data requirements and data integration needs
- Experience with analytics teams to report and analyze key program metrics and performance dashboards
- Experience overseeing patient support program budget management activities, and responsibilities for day-to-day activities related to project invoicing and other financial activities leading to proper fiscal oversight of program
- Experience participating in periodic business reviews with vendors including site visits where needed
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Previous patient support services launch experience (pharmacy benefit – commercial and Part D – experience preferred) including vendor selection, and program design and build
- Previous experience with patient support program marketing to HCP and patient audiences including agency selection and management
- Strong understanding of the US market access environment, including reimbursement support services, copay support programs, payer coverage, free trial/bridge, reimbursement, pricing, etc.
- Patient-centric and solutions-oriented mindset
- Must be a team player with strong self-awareness and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be results oriented, have attention to detail, be accurate, prompt, and able to meet established deadlines, including ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority and successfully partner with cross-functional teams
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in marketing, health care, business administration or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years of progressively responsible experience within marketing, market access, patient support services, or related functions in pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Familiarity with US patient data privacy requirements, and demonstrated success navigating patient support needs in a highly regulated environment
- Proven experience of leading, developing and performance managing external vendors to achieve high quality results.
- Previous patient support services launch experience (pharmacy benefit – commercial and Part D) including vendor selection, and program design and build.
- Previous pharma/bio brand marketing and sales experience.
- Strong understanding of the US market access environment, including reimbursement support services, copay support programs, payer coverage, reimbursement, pricing, etc.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel 30%
- Can effectively work with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity