Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Head of International Finance & Global Treasury. This individual would oversee global treasury operations, be responsible for the financial management of multiple foreign subsidiaries and contribute to various global finance operations and initiatives. The location of the position is in Basel, Switzerland.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Global Treasury Operations
- Develop and implement global cash management operational strategies, including cash positioning and funding strategies to ensure adequate cash resources at all operating companies to fund operations; oversee and manage the movements of cash between operating companies
- Develop and oversee strategies to manage the investment process of the Company’s cash resources in adherence with the Company’s investment policy, determine optimum investment portfolio structure, strategies and reporting and provide oversight of 3rd party asset managers
- Manage compliance and risk management for treasury operations, including ensuring compliance with internal control framework under the Company’s SOX program
- Manage Treasury Accounting transactions. Participate in Treasury and Intercompany Operations related initiatives, projects and programs
- Evaluate, recommend, and oversee changes to bank account structures, banking products and services, and new technologies
- Partner with tax and accounting teams to structure and oversee efficient intercompany financing arrangements, including intercompany loans, capital contributions, and dividends
- Manage debt compliance monitoring and reporting and interest payments pursuant to the terms of debt agreements with the Company’s majority shareholder; manage issuance and maintenance of letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Evaluate and propose potential foreign currency hedging strategies to mitigate financial exposures of international operations
- Work closely with FP&A team to prepare and review short- and long-term global cash forecasts
- Support analysis to determine capital allocation, identify key performance metrics to determine target investment returns
- Keep up to date with Treasury technical developments internally and externally
International Finance Operations
- Oversee all European finance operations, including accounting, FP&A, tax and payroll, and procurement; work closely with US finance operations to support accounting close, consolidations and global reporting
- Manage and support audits of multiple European subsidiaries; ensure statutory reporting is completed timely and in compliance with local regulatory requirements; collaborate with global tax, legal and accounting as needed; provide oversight of local auditors
- Support reporting to the Company’s majority shareholder
- Anticipate internal and external tax compliance challenges or regulatory issues, research implications to the business and provide recommendations to management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with demonstrated capabilities to manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment effectively
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Strong leadership skill with proven ability to develop a team and drive professional development of team members by providing coaching and enabling the team to excel in a high performing organization
- Exercise great judgment and make decision that is best for the organization
- Results-driven, take great initiative and ownership to accomplish high quality of work
- Comfortable with rolling up the sleeves, particularly in this early start-up phase for the Basel office; ability to demonstrate flexibility and proven experience in orchestrating change in complex organization
- Excellent prioritization skill and work well under pressure in rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- A university degree plus CPA or equivalent with 15+ years of work experience in a Corporate Finance function, including experience with managing global treasury operations in a multinational public company
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Good knowledge of Treasury Accounting
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and financial processes, including SOX compliance, internal controls, budgeting, financial close, and regulatory reporting
- Experience working with an international banking platform; SAP experience is a plus.
- Proven track record to establish effective relationships with auditors and other external parties
- Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external parties in sensitive and highly visible circumstances
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity