Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced leader for the position of Global Head, Tax located at our Basel, Switzerland office. This position will manage all aspects of our global tax strategy, structure and operations including oversight of all internal and external relationships relating to Tax, globally. The ideal candidate has extensive hands-on experience in leading the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the continual strategic review of the company’s international tax structure and transfer pricing policies. Develop tax planning strategies to maintain the global tax structure in alignment with changes in the business model and global tax policy updates
- Maintain an understanding of the company’s global business, investments & activities and advise executive management on tax planning strategies
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal stakeholders including executive management, financial reporting, accounting, and Legal to ensure compliance with global tax strategies and policies
- Drive transformation of the tax function to scale for growth, which includes people development, process improvement and implementation, and effective use of data and technology
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to maximize tax loss carryforwards, bonus depreciation, tax credits, reduce tax expense, minimize audit deficiencies/ tax exposures, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Oversee and lead the preparation of the annual and interim tax provision under ASC 740 / FIN 48, including the timing and permanent differences between book and tax and maintain tax basis balance sheets for deferred tax calculation
- Provide direction and oversight of tax department staff responsible for direct and indirect tax compliance, accounting for income taxes, transfer pricing, and planning
- Assume expertise on new and emerging tax issues globally
- Lead special projects when assigned
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to effectively manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Exercise sound judgment in making decisions
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Demonstrate coaching skill to develop team
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand interdependency in a bigger picture
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor of Science in Tax, Accounting or Finance
- C.P.A or J.D. is a plus
- Minimum 20+ years of relevant and progressive corporate tax experience in global biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Have public company experience in mature commercial environments with global operations
- Experience with sophisticated global tax structures for corporations and partnerships
- Extensive experience in international and U.S. tax/accounting practices
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity