Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
The Associate Director/Director of Strategic Forecasting will be responsible for overseeing long-term forecasting efforts to facilitate strategic planning and opportunity assessment in the commercial organization using a wide variety of methodologies to develop evidence-based guidance for financial targets, demand forecasts, and to provide strategic decision support for the clinical and early phase pipeline. This individual partner will be an integral part of the Commercial Analytics & Insights (CA&I) team, synthesizing understanding of market research, analytics, event risk, competition, and health policy. Additionally, this individual will work across functions (e. g. commercial, new product planning, operations, leadership teams) and external partners to ensure input and assumptions are captured and documented in forecasts, as well as be accountable for driving alignment on financial projections, and securing approval from leadership. This individual will report to the Senior Director of CA&I and partner with the Short-Term Forecasting team to drive implementation of forecasting best practices, methodologies across the CA&I team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The individual in this role must leverage a broad and deep skill set (functional expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, leadership and influencing, executive presence, etc.) to help drive strategic alignment across a variety of key stakeholders - including business unit and brand marketing leads, Commercial Operations, Finance, Manufacturing, executive leadership, and external partners
- Develop evidenced based guidance for financial targets
- Drive semi-annual/as needed updates to the long-term forecast by gathering inputs and assumptions from cross-functional representatives identifying optimal forecasting methodologies, and building models
- Collaborate with CA&I team to inform market research/analytics to support forecast assumptions
- Analyze primary research data and secondary data sources (claims, epidemiology etc.) to glean insights and understand implications for the forecast
- Ability to integrate and model event-based factors into forecast models (promotional programs, sales force effort etc.)
- Prepare high-quality, accurate analysis using cutting-edge analytical methods to develop forecast scenarios including key risks and opportunities to clearly characterize forecast uncertainties and key drivers
- Work closely with the Brand Marketing teams, Sales Management, Finance, Commercial Operations, Manufacturing, Medical Affairs and other cross-functional and external partners to gain alignment around forecast assumptions and outputs
- Challenge assumptions and applies forecasting methodologies to support the brand strategy and overall value of the asset
- Proficient in forecasting pipeline, launch, and in-line products
- Highly skilled in to work collaboratively in team-based environment and gain alignment across an organization
- Knowledge and experience working with industry internal and secondary data sources; experience doing analog and uptake curve analysis
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Proficient with analytical tools such as SAS, R, MS Office
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Daily demonstrates a positive, 'can do' attitude in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships
REQUIREMENTS (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative discipline preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant commercial analytical, forecasting or finance experience within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience developing sales volume-based, patient-based, and epidemiology forecasts of pharmaceutical sales and product administrations
- Proven ability to integrate primary and secondary market research data to inform forecast assumptions
- Commitment to quality - consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience; delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects; Demonstrated ability to build alliance cross-functionally and the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for stakeholders
- Project management - ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in, and foster, a team environment; consultative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow
- Limited travel up to 20%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity