Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and experienced individual for the position of Global Head, Business Development. Expanding Myovant’s development pipeline and portfolio of commercial products is a strategic priority for the company. This position will drive the development of Myovant’s business development strategy, lead the global search and evaluation of new business development opportunities, and manage the successful execution of potential transactions. The location of the position is in Basel, Switzerland.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in developing and executing a business development strategy to execute against the company’s long-term vision.
- Analyze the competitive landscape associated with Myovant’s therapeutic areas or emerging science and help identify potential targets or diseases areas for future R&D or BD opportunities.
- Lead business development efforts in the identification, diligence, evaluation, negotiation and deal execution of partnerships or acquisitions.
- Identify and assess potential product licensing opportunities and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build licensing proposals based on scientific merit, value, and strategic fit.
- Partner with leadership in Research, Development and Commercial organizations to help shape the development and prioritization of lifecycle management, pipeline expansion and other innovation opportunities.
- Map and analyze therapeutic area specific future commercial markets, coordinate with external providers to source market research data as needed and lead the building of financial models to assess potential new business development opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad group of external constituents, including other companies as well as academic and government institutions to enable business development.
- Develop and maintain competitive intelligence insights and routinely communicate this information to executive leadership team.
- Represent Myovant as partner of choice at external meetings, conferences and industry events.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with demonstrated capabilities to manage and influence stakeholders effectively.
- High degree of organizational awareness, ability to connect the dots to understand all the interdependency and big picture.
- Thought leader with track record to formulate and integrate functional strategies with corporate objectives and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Strong leadership skill with proven ability to develop and lead teams across locations and drive professional development of team members by providing coaching and enabling the team to excel in a high performing organization.
- Exercise great judgment and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Results-driven, take great initiative and ownership to accomplish excellent quality of work.
- Comfortable with change; ability to demonstrate flexibility and proven experience in orchestrating change in complex organizations.
- Excellent prioritization skill and work well under pressure in a rapidly growing environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work.
- A university degree with 20+ years of progressive business experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience leading the search and evaluation process, due diligence and structuring of various forms of transactions in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industries.
- In-depth, hands-on experience with market analysis and business case development, with ability to analyze and comprehend information across scientific and commercial and financial fronts to inform R&D strategic planning and BD strategy.
- Thorough understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong understanding of the drug development and regulatory processes, lifecycle management and commercialization of therapeutics.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity