Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics & Insights – Market Intelligence (Women’s Health). The position reports to Senior Director, Commercial Analytics and Insights. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager CA&I for Women’s Health is a strategic thought partner and analytical and market research expert who provides critical contributions to brand team, life-cycle planning, forecasting, and senior management decisions requiring primary market research and competitive intelligence. This role is responsible for proactively developing integrated insights to cross functional partners - bringing together information from the CA&I team members, external collaborators, field team, and others.
The Senior Manager's main role will be to lead and manage market research and CI engagements, operate as a thought partner across the women’s health franchise, contribute to enhancements of HCP and Patient primary research and CI capabilities in order to inform dynamic business objectives and creating forums for cross-functional sharing of insights with internal and external partners.
This individual plays a critical role in enhancing Myovant’s Women’s Health offerings, developing insights from information, and translating those insights to shape commercial strategy and decisions. Further, the Senior Manager will construct and implement competitive intelligence plans in coordination with internal and external partners to deliver critical insights, anticipated market movements, and inform recommendations and plans that best position Myovant in competitive markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Market Research (50%)
- Execute HCP and Patient primary market research projects in collaboration with external partners, understanding the needs of the business stakeholders and contributing to building the insight generation plan required to meet those needs
- Support key annual activities including QBRs, Brand Planning, Budgeting and business case support by providing objective insights
- Translate primary market research findings into actionable insights and be able to influence the team's decision making accordingly, maintaining a living situational analysis document
- Work to help translate concepts into leading measures, insight requirements and deliver them in a clear, concise manner
- Improve team capabilities by researching and implementing new research methodologies, internal and external standards, etc.
- Prioritize the business asks and deliver based on the agreed benefit for the brands
- Develop market research plans and prioritize market research studies based on identified knowledge gaps, market research needs, and budget requirements
- Identify and manage vendor partners
Competitive Intelligence (50%)
- Strategic thought partner and subject matter expert who will serve as the go-to resource for competitive market strategy, competition, and potential beneficial or adversarial partnerships
- Develops and maintains competitive environment landscapes and other needed assessments (threat assessments, benchmarking, etc.) with a focus on the core diseases of interest to Myovant’s Women’s Health Franchise, aligned with external partners to serve as a single source of truth
- Leads competitive intelligence planning for key congresses with input from cross-functional partners. Drives team preparedness - develops pre-conference materials, aligns and delivers on-site activities, develops and disseminates post-congress report.
- Provides thought leadership to teams, with expert opinion on the impact of market and competitor events as risks and opportunities to their near and long-range planning
- Consistently and effectively communicates with key stakeholders to ensure teams are well informed by presenting landscape updates and distributing timely alerts on key external events (i.e. clinical data releases, product approvals) while highlighting implications
- Facilitates cross-functional and leadership discussions, debriefs and simulations of competitive scenarios that embed insights into the development plans and commercial activities of all Myovant pipeline/brand and project teams.
- Aligns key stakeholders on competitor assumptions across functions and communicates them clearly including where/why they may differ
- Provides insights into the potential impact of market competitors for forecast models and strategic plans, including associated risks and opportunities, and alternate scenarios.
- Understanding of key intelligence needs and identifying appropriate resources to inform information gaps
- Models and enforces CI research within appropriate code of conduct, compliance and ethical business practices.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Entrepreneurial - ability and desire to take ownership over activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent demonstration of out of the box thinking
- Analytical expertise - Demonstrated ability of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights
- Commitment to quality - consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience; delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Customer Service Orientation - ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to drive impactful analytical projects; Demonstrated ability to build alliance cross-functionally and the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Management ability – ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing
- Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner, and preparing presentations for stakeholders
- Project management - ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Innovative - maintains awareness of evolving analytical techniques, methodologies and vendors to bring innovative approaches into the organization that drives higher quality results; formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment; consultative with a willingness to learn, teach and grow
- Bachelor of Art or Science in Health Sciences or related discipline/Business Administration
- 5-7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in data analysis, decision support, product level forecasting and market research
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity