Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Alliance Management. The position reports to the Vice President, Development Operations. The preferred location of the position is in Brisbane, CA but flexibility is possible for the right candidate.
The Director, Alliance Management is responsible for actively managing and optimizing the value of the relationship between Myovant and assigned corporate partners. This position interacts regularly with Myovant leadership across a range of functions to drive agreed initiatives forward, as well as with key contacts at assigned corporate partners. This position oversees the governance of assigned relationships including governance committees and working group meetings and will be the primary internal source of information on the corporate partnership.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Myovant leadership, legal and business development, as well as assigned corporate partners to set the direction and scope for implementation of the partnership agreement: identify key activities, timing and responsibilities of both parties
- Oversee the governance of the partnership agreement including participating in governance committees and working group meetings
- Serve as a central point of contact to streamline communication and meetings between functional areas within Myovant and across assigned corporate partners
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships directly and through Myovant leadership with key contacts at assigned corporate partners
- Work diligently to mitigate the risk of relationship crises occurring. As necessary, escalate hot topic issues that require immediate attention in a timely manner
- Monitor adherence to agreed plans and take appropriate action to ensure execution
- Liaise with legal, finance and functions to ensure that key contract milestones, financial transactions, progress reports etc. are handled appropriately and provide information/updates/reports as needed
- Conduct regular reviews/meetings with senior management and functions to communicate key issues, milestones etc. and gather feedback
- Participate in review of new partner contract negotiations as appropriate and provide input into partnership execution terms of the contract, in particular, governance structures and processes
- Build expertise about assigned partner companies, including company organization/leadership, strategies, financials, priorities etc.; become “internal expert” on assigned corporate partners
- Proactively suggest process, strategy and prioritization changes or areas of opportunity to Myovant leadership to optimize the value of each assigned relationship. This may include, but is not limited to, tasks such as:
- Implementation associated with Myovant “opting in” to partner’s capabilities
- Development of reporting or governance processes required to facilitate inter-company relationships
- Drafting of internal communications related to partner relationships
- Leading and/or participating in contract re-negotiations as appropriate
- Evaluating additional potential partner-related opportunities:
- Partner with BD to perform due diligence of additional potential opportunities
- Perform robust evaluation of partner’s capabilities where there is a business rationale to “opt-in”
- Leverage project management skills to partner with appropriate functional stakeholders focused on partner-related workstreams to ensure that:
- Strategy and plans are formed and endorsed
- Gaps in project resources that put at risk partnership goals are highlighted and addressed
- Project risks are understood and plans for mitigation are put into place in a timely fashion
- Roadblocks and challenges are recognized and escalated to senior management and decision making is facilitated to address and implement solutions in a timely manner
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to synthesize information from a range of key stakeholders to generate workable. solutions to important development and business challenges faced in corporate relationships.
- Track record of building productive relationships enabling effective collaboration and to influence internal and external stakeholders across cross-functional teams to deliver important project and corporate objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with proactively communicating both orally and in writing with a broad range of audiences and stakeholders, including executive leaders.
- Ability to proactively identify areas of opportunity to improve processes and relationships to ensure partnerships are operating in an optimal fashion.
- Strong project management and execution skills to drive forward multiple projects in parallel from implementation, through execution and, ultimately, closure.
- Superior attention to detail that ensures obligations for both parties are adhered to and met within timelines and parameters set forth in all binding agreements.
- Strong problem solving, leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution and influencing skills, particularly outside direct line authority.
- Skilled in understanding and planning in ambiguous situations.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight timelines.
- PC literacy required; excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with planning tools such as Smartsheet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or relevant field
- Minimum of 12 years of industry experience within Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals or other Healthcare related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in alliance management leveraging the required skill sets to successfully collaborate with corporate partners in the Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity