Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women and for men. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Digital Innovation (Enterprise Initiatives). The position is located in Brisbane, California.
This individual will be a key member of the Digital Innovation team, reporting to the Head of Digital Innovation. The Strategic Partnerships and Innovation department also includes Advocacy and Brand and Digital Communications.
As part of the Digital Innovation Leadership Team, the Director will play a critical role in partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to build technology solutions that help drive innovation across Myovant. This individual will manage the enterprise-wide Digital Innovation program, and will be responsible for developing the vision, defining the strategy, building and managing a project pipeline, and ensuring the success of strategic initiatives. This is a hybrid business strategy and innovation team, independent of the IT organization, that manages end-to-end initiatives, from high-level design to coding the algorithms and applications we deploy. This includes advising teams on digital trends and technologies, identifying and scoping new opportunities, and utilizing data science and software engineering skill sets to rapidly create and deliver new technology solutions. Sample projects include tools and analyses to improve clinical trial efficiency, optimize promotional campaigns, automate processes, and deliver new stakeholder insights.
The Director will be a player – coach and be responsible for both leading projects and processes, and for managing and mentoring a team of Digital Innovators. Success in this role requires excellent strategic and technical skills, coupled with a demonstrated ability to build and operationalize new solutions and deliver results. We value your entrepreneurial spirit and creativity in working to change the status quo.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and drive the enterprise Digital Innovation strategic plan and project pipeline, with clear and actionable objectives, strategies, and success metrics
- Become a trusted and credible partner for internal and external stakeholders, ensuring understanding of specific challenges and needs, identifying opportunities, and designing and delivering new capabilities and insights
- Build Digital Innovation’s brand within Myovant, and ensure key technical and non-technical partners understand when and how to engage with the team
- Identify, scope and manage a portfolio of digital innovation projects; maintain responsibility for success, shifting priorities as needed; manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Lead business problem solving through structured hypotheses, synthesized insights, solution blueprinting, and building and iterating on applications and analyses
- Influence and gain acceptance of ideas through effective communication, relevant and insightful analyses, and creative thinking
- Manage the Digital Innovation Steering Committee, including engaging members, developing process, and facilitating meetings
- Build Digital Innovation organization, including designing organizational structure, creating and scaling internal processes, recruiting talent, managing and mentoring team members
Education, Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of work experience in leadership roles (management or technical consulting, strategy, data science, software engineering, product management / development or similar function)
- 5+ years of healthcare industry experience across various stakeholders (e.g., life sciences, payor/provider, digital health)
- Graduate degree in business / technical field, with strong programming and statistical analysis skills, and experience utilizing languages such as Python, R, and SQL, compute frameworks like Spark and any other tools
- Proven ability to lead strategic initiatives or transformations in collaboration with senior leadership teams and in partnership with stakeholders across the organization
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, an ability to summarize complex technical information for non-technical audiences, and experience creating strategic communication plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience leading diverse cross-functional teams to deliver results, and strong project management skills, including planning, timelines and budgets
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership, and a desire to think creatively
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity