Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women and for men. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Global Head of Corporate Communications. The position is located in Basel, Switzerland.
The Global Head of Corporate Communications will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of Myovant’s global public relations, corporate, product, and pipeline communications. This position will report directly to the General Manager, Myovant Sciences GmbH and includes regular interaction with the Chief Executive Officer and other executive leadership, providing communications counsel and executing communication initiatives. This person will partner closely with the Vice President of Investor Relations and the Global Head of Brand and Digital Communications to ensure consistent and aligned external messages and complementary initiatives that reinforce the company’s brand, strategy, and opportunities. Provided the requisite experience, this person would also have the opportunity to advance public affairs for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the key leader for corporate communications and, if applicable, public affairs for the company, working with the executive team and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and drive a strategic, proactive global corporate communications program that enhances corporate visibility, product awareness, media relations, and coverage of the company, its programs and progress.
- Lead development of all public relations materials, including press releases, Q&As, executive talking points, fact sheets, etc., in collaboration with external agencies, our corporate partners, and internal colleagues in Investor Relations, Legal, and other parts of the organization.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, and Regulatory to identify key messages and ensure accurate information in external corporate communications.
- Build relationships with media/influencers to generate frequent, positive coverage.
- Lead an integrated and outcomes-oriented thought leadership strategy for the company by creating strong messaging and external followership across lay, business and trade media, community organizations, industry thought leaders, etc.
- Serve as communications coach and counsel to executives and others as needed to prepare them as spokespeople for delivering consistent messaging and themes aligned with company positioning and strategic goals.
- Monitor external environment for important regulatory, legislative, and other policy issues.
- Potential to lead cross-functional efforts to identify and address emerging issues of interest, including those of policy, legislation, and regulation, in addition to engagement with trade associations as needed to advance work on the issues (e.g., BIO).
- Develop proactive and reactive communications strategies to address issues that could impact the company's reputation. Develop a readiness strategy for crisis, unexpected and time sensitive situations.
- Actively manage and direct external agency partners while coordinating with Myovant’s corporate partners
- Ensure compliance with existing communications policies and procedures, in addition to contributing to new policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the competitive, scientific, technical, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape.
- Become a subject matter expert and passionate storyteller about Myovant and its mission.
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential corporate communications, initiatives, and projects.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Requires a BA or BS degree in communications, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field
- 15+ years in communications, preferably in the biopharma or related industry, or public relations agency experience supporting biopharma or other healthcare clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with portfolio of original and produced content
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex scientific issues and concepts to broad audiences
- Extensive experience developing, driving, and implementing communications strategies, including issues and reputation management and employee engagement
- Experience of working with C-suite level executes and proven record of building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships – within teams, across the business, and with senior leaders and external agencies
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills and an ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and within a global company
- Strong project-management skills, from concept to planning to implementation
- Ability to balance strategic decision-making, innovative thinking and a pragmatic approach to overseeing implementation
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within Europe and to North America
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity