Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Manager/Senior Manager, Contract Manufacturing . The position reports to the Vice President, Contract Manufacturing. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
This Manager/Sr. Manager, Contract Manufacturing is responsible for the management of external drug substance manufacturing sites to ensure quality, compliance and efficiency in meeting project needs and production requirements. Establish collaborative partnership with CMOs to deliver on project commitments such as managing the day-to- day operations and communications with internal partners and contract manufacturing sites to ensure delivery of product supplies according to project timelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the point of contact for Contract Development & Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs), and act as a business relationship manager for Myovant
- Actively manage contract manufacturers in assigned projects per project milestones, timelines, and deliverables
- Coordinate the review of RFPs (request for proposals)
- Place orders for custom manufactured materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), bulk drug products and packaging components
- Execute and monitor material shipments from global CMOs, resolve any related shipment issues
- Perform SAP transactions in a timely manner to ensure accurate inventory at each storage location
- Lead investigations and resolve inventory / order discrepancies in a timely manner, follow up on invoicing and ensures on time payment as needed
- Maintain budget and forecast spending with CMOs/CROs
- Facilitate meetings, participate in teleconferences and face to face meetings with CMOs/CROs, publishes agenda and meeting minutes.
- Understand the capabilities, capacity availability and constraints at the CMOs, develop plans to secure capacity appropriately
- Work with line manager and partner functions to develop processes/systems to effectively manage vendor selection and performance assessments
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement in all operation processes
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrate communication and collaboration skills with an ability to manage and influence stakeholders in a matrix environment effectively
- Exercise good judgment and make decision that is appropriate for the organization
- Results-driven, take initiative and ownership to accomplish work
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and embrace change in a dynamic, rapidly growing environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Life Science/Quality/Engineering/Operations/Supply Chain or a related field
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience in the manufacturing environment with a focus on Drug Substance
- Experience with technology transfer and lifecycle management for commercial products
- Experience in negotiation of contract manufacturing and procurement compliance and ethics
- Experience in leading complex projects (preferably in a pharmaceutical setting)
- In-depth knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity