Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director / Sr Director, Sales Strategy, Operations and Communications. This role reports to the Vice President of Sales and is a key member of the Prostate Cancer Sales Leadership team (PCSLT) and Women’s Health Sales Leadership team (WHSLT) and the combined Myovant Sales Leadership Team (MSLT). This individual will be responsible for the oversight, management, development, and driving of the sales organization’s vision, strategy, goals, objectives and communications.
This position will work closely with and maintain an effective, collaborative relationship with all internal stakeholders, including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Commercial Operations and Analytics, and Market Access to drive brand strategies and tactics for success. The individual will represent the field sales perspectives to help support ongoing planning and activities within these functions and will in turn, work closely with functional leadership to ensure those perspectives are integrated into the field sales plans. They will also play a critical role in evolving the go to market collaboration with our strategic business partners.
- Builds current and future competitive advantages by understanding and addressing customer needs and demonstrating a deep understanding of competitors' strategies
- Supports the leadership culture, which attracts, develops and retains high caliber candidates, fosters a culture of diversity, innovation and teamwork that will drive the future success of the organization
- MSLT lead for appropriate field related content generation around key market events and business reviews (QBRs, LRRs, Brand Plan, Tactical Plan, etc)
- Drives projects of high organizational importance including Pfizer – Myovant field sales execution alignment, sub-national and key account business planning / execution, sales vision and operating principles, culture and engagement initiatives
Collaboration and Teamwork:
- In close partnership with Commercial Operations, leads the development, implementation, monitoring, and strategic insight generation of key national and subnational level sales data and key KPI metrics, including Pfizer – Myovant related efforts
- Assess execution metrics and leading indicators that measure performance against established objectives; provide actionable recommendations to MSLT, WHSLT, PCSLT and brand teams
- Keen ability to build cross functional internal and external relationships. Is able to represent the perspective of her / his / their function while also understanding the needs and perspective of others.
- Is adept at finding middle ground, driving to consensus and shared vision
- Facilitates all aspects of MSLT, WHSLT, PCSLT operations
- Establishes both team-specific and shared objectives, processes across WH and PC field teams
- Represents Myovant field leadership, in conjunction with VP, Sales on Pfizer- Myovant collaborations including annual tactical planning and quarterly reviews, territory and target alignment exercises
- Partners closely with VP, Sales to represent field leadership in overlapping meetings and settings (eg. WH and PC JCCs, conflicting meetings)
- Responsible for budget management coordination with Finance partners (field promo, meetings, discretionary bonus) across sales teams
- Effectively builds and aligns communication cadence and resources to support strategic direction to the field.
- Lead design and pull-through of key field presentations and communications regarding sales direction, performance metrics, sales data insights, recognition, and best practice sharing (e.g. VP presentation decks at all major meetings, QBR / Tactical Plan decks, etc)
- Effectively transmits ideas through live, stage, written or remote venues
- Ability to operate under ambiguity and then effectively translate that for the team when needed; seeks to understand the views of others
- Ensures people feel they are truly heard; Encourages direct and open discussion
- Keeps open and honest communication lines throughout the team even in the face of adversity
- Is inspirational and skilled at managing team, peers, and upwards
- Is comfortable making informed decisions in the face of incomplete information and strives to continually adapt and improve upon those decisions and learnings
- Motivate employees to make meaningful contributions in their day-to-day work and empower them to make decisions when appropriate and necessary
Qualifications & Experience
- 8 or more years’ multi-disciplinary work experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/or other related industry with an emphasis on commercial experience: preferably a mix of field sales, field sales management, marketing, analytics, and planning/operations
- Second level management experience strongly desired
- Strong track record of managing and developing people
- Demonstrated ability to manage large-scale and complex business planning and operations
- Exceptional organizational, communication, & presentation skills
- Excellent leadership skills; including communicating with and inspiring large teams, while driving to meet or exceed targets and goals
- Strong customer orientation/focus
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
- Previous experience in the same or related therapeutic area/disease states/indications a plus
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
- Acts in complete & total compliance with all laws, regulations and policies
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity