Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Myovant is seeking a Director, Human Resources to join our HR Team. This position will be located in Basel and in charge to build employee and organizational excellence by managing day-to-day HR operations, driving and embedding our Talent strategy and providing guidance to support the achievement of business objectives. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact to respond to and resolve issues and enquiries on a variety of human resource issues by applying existing policies and knowledge.
- Provide advice and coaching to our Basel’s managers and employees on employee relations issues and ensure compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- Act as HR partner and coach to line managers, including people development, performance management, and anticipating, managing and resolving employee relations cases, and ensure compliance with local policies and legal requirements.
- Facilitate recruitment strategy, partner with hiring managers in attracting and recruiting great talent to build capabilities at the Basel office.
- In close collaboration with HRBPs, successfully execute talent and functional related initiatives at the local level.
- Manage HR policies and procedures that are aligned with best practice and local labor law, producing written guidance to assist managers and staff in applying these policies and procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data on HR Systems; database access control and manipulation of system to produce reports as required by HR.
- Develop, manage, coordinate various HR initiatives, in particular those related to strategic compensation & benefits.
- Contribute to the monthly payroll and benefits administration for all employees, including liaising with external payroll and benefits providers.
- Support employee engagement activities and assist in employee survey process and action planning co-ordination.
- Be involved in global initiatives and projects driven from the US to support alignment and effective implementation at the local Basel office.
- University degree in HR or relevant field with minimum of 8+ years of experience as HRBP, prior experience in biotech or pharmaceutical company is a plus.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, a comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy.
- Strong organizational skills to include project management, change management, organization planning capabilities.
- Outside-in approach; the ability to gather info from outside of the business and apply best practices within the organization.
- Sound knowledge in HR policy related to the administration of entitlements and benefits and employment conditions.
- Sound judgment, integrity, respectful and exemplary behavior and service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Expert knowledge of English is required.
- Experience within a global and multicultural environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity