Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women and for men. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Corporate Communications (Women’s Health). The position is located in Brisbane, California.
The Associate Director, Corporate Communications (Women’s Health) will be responsible for the creation and oversight of communications strategies, programs, and messaging for women’s health. The primary responsibility for this role will be to drive content for Myovant’s corporate platforms including product launch initiatives and R&D milestones. The individual will report to the Director, Corporate Communications and work closely with the women’s health product team, Advocacy, Brand & Digital Communications, and other key internal stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, develop, and deliver impactful communications strategies in support of commercial excellence, launch preparedness, and execution aligned with the strategic goals of the franchise
- Maintain expert knowledge of the competitive, scientific, technical, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape
- Partner closely with functional teams to develop consistent and informed messaging
- Provide strategic guidance to franchise leaderships and product teams for key communications, critical leadership messages, change communications, and internal communications
- Identify and elevate compelling stories and important organizational developments to company-wide channels
- Effectively manage high-profile product issues and crises
- Partner with the Director, Corporate Communications and other senior leaders on communications planning, content development, and execution across a range of channels and platforms, including digital/multi-media (e.g., blogs, videos), All Staff Meetings, emails, etc.
- Support the corporate brand through exemplifying the use of brand standards in all communication platforms
- Ensure compliance with existing communications policies and procedures, in addition to contributing to new policies and procedures as needed
- Oversee vendors and projects to ensure high quality work product within budget
- Handle highly sensitive, confidential corporate communications, initiatives, and projects
Education, Experience & Skills
- Requires a BA or BS degree in communications, liberal arts, business or science-oriented field (MS, MA, MBA, or postgraduate studies are preferred)
- 5+ years in communications, preferably in the biopharma or related industry, or public relations agency experience supporting biopharma or other healthcare clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with portfolio of original and produced content
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex scientific issues and concepts to broad audiences
- Extensive experience developing, driving, and implementing communications strategies, including issues and reputation management and employee engagement
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative communications strategies and programs
- Strong project-management skills, from concept to planning to implementation
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and proven track record of helping internal partners/stakeholders address strategic opportunities and solve problems
- Ability to balance strategic decision-making, innovative thinking and a pragmatic approach to overseeing implementation
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities while giving input and time to a wide range of activities and projects
- Established project and budget management capabilities
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity