Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Medical Communications. The position reports to the Senior Director of Medical Communications and Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Associate Director, Medical Communications will work on a high-performing team responsible for Medical Information and Review activities across the portfolio for Myovant Sciences. This is a key individual position within the Medical Affairs team that will ensure professional standing and integrity with patients, healthcare professionals and the pharmaceutical industry through high-quality and aligned medical information and communication. The team member in this position will be accountable for generating standard and customized medical information content to fulfill unsolicited medical requests, as well as training the call center, external business partners, and other Myovant team members on Medical Information content & processes, continuous monitoring of product trends to ensure appropriate content strategy and continuous improvement of Medical Information processes and deliverables. Additionally, this individual will play a key role in reviewing medical accuracy and content during promotional and medical and scientific review committee meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement medical information materials and scientific content (i.e. medical standard response letters, customized responses, and FAQ) relevant to Myovant’s therapeutic areas of focus
- Maintain the medical information database
- Provide on-going training to call center staff and other relevant individuals on new or updated Medical Information content
- Lead and manage medical affairs pharmacovigilance and literature monitoring including literature safety monitoring for our prostate cancer and women’s health products as well as providing literature updates and annotated summaries of key articles
- Establish and continuously monitor inquiry trends and metrics and proactively identifies unmet content needs and communicates product trends to the wider business
- Provide support to the wider Myovant business with the handling of complex inquiries escalated by the call center and field-based personnel
- Provide input and support for US and European conferences with activities including medical booth coverage/staffing, logistics, and conference material development materials, etc.
- Responsible for providing medical and scientific input to the promotional and medical review committees
- Support the development of key field medical and medical affairs training materials
- Support AMCP and Global Value dossier development with scientific data input and reviews
- Provide project and operations management support for the Medical Affairs team across a range of medical activities and deliverables
- Regularly monitors the quality and accuracy of the Med Info responses provided by the call center and identifies necessary corrective actions or training required to ensure compliance with regional and local regulations as well as internally relevant SOPs
- Support the creation and implementation of policies, SOPs and work instructions governing the operations of medical information to meet all compliance standards and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) required
- Training during career demonstrating an interest in personal growth and an ability to learn across therapeutic areas.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting with prior Medical Information and Communications experience
- Therapeutic Medical Affairs experience in Women’s Health or Prostate Cancer preferred
- Prior experience as a Medical Affairs team member in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
- Experience in both large and small bio pharmaceutical companies considered a plus
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel and attend key conferences including interactions with healthcare practitioners
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity