Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women’s health and prostate cancer. Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced for four of the five trials, with the final trial results to be released in mid-2020. Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020, which was approved in December 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In January 2021 Myovant has launched ORGOVYX™ (relugolix), the first and only oral gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist for Advanced Prostate Cancer, while continuing to prepare for potential commercial launches in the U.S. for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and for women with pain associated with endometriosis, in anticipation of FDA approval to market in these indications. Recently, Myovant also announced a collaboration with Pfizer to develop and Commercialize relugolix in Oncology and Women’s Health, which substantially enhancing the financial position of Myovant and enabling the organization to expand our pipeline of potential new medicines.
Myovant is on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking qualified, highly motivated, experiences individual for the position of Senior Director/Executive Director, Human Resources Business Partner. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources and be a member of the Human Resources leadership team. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director/Executive Director, HRBP is an integral member of the HR team, and will be a trusted partner helping to drive critical results. This role will be instrumental in shaping our culture, supporting our business strategies, and developing our talent pipeline. Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help lead the collective reputation of the HR organization. The Senior / Executive Director, HRBP will also be a trusted advisor to executives, managers and employees on organizational and people related issues, including but not limited to workforce planning, organizational design and effectiveness, employee engagement, employee relations, and performance management, to promote and maintain Myovant’s collaborative and mission driven culture. Key to this will also be the ability to quickly develop trusted relationships with people at all levels within the organization as well as within the HR team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution to ensure a high-performing and engaged workforce.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders at all levels within Myovant to navigate the complexities of managing teams, performance management, managing career development, developing a high-performance culture, managing employee relations issues and providing conflict resolution strategies, etc. Provide candid feedback about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Acts as the lead translator of business needs to the rest of the HR team to help shape company-wide HR systems and solutions.
- Collaborate with other HR functions (Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Benefits, etc.) in the design and implementation of HR programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Development and delivery of an effective communication strategy to improve the intent and execution of business results.
- Regularly maintain awareness and understanding of current regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable state and federal employment laws.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on key insights, trends, issue identification and recommendations.
- Partners with leaders and their leadership teams to establish and execute a consistent people strategy and plan, supported by a scalable and effective HR infrastructure.
- Advises business leaders on HR policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions, which may be significantly complex.
- Leads the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting for HR within assigned client groups.
- Partner with HR team members on key HR initiatives including compensation, recruitment, training and development. Provides advice and feedback regarding the design and rollout.
- Conduct and/or facilitate new hire onboarding meetings, exit interviews, annual talent/performance review related meetings.
- Manages complex employment relations issues in partnership with Legal
- Identifies opportunities to expand and strengthen the HRBP’s role in supporting client’s organization.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, creative, flexible and consultative; strong sense of business needs and making decisions based on data and emerging priorities; high integrity and accountability.
- Ability to listen and use critical thinking to assess the needs and communicate accurate information concerning process, plans and procedures in a collaborative, team-based manner.
- Detail-oriented, proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects by analyzing data and driving sound decision-making.
- Thrives in and enjoys a collaborative team setting and is driven by a desire to be innovative in a high energy, small company environment.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Leads with a global mindset and enterprise perspective, takes into consideration how decisions impact other parts of the organization/function, strives towards integrated solutions to maximize impact on business.
- Thrives at dealing with high level of ambiguity and complexity, highly adaptable to different situations and agile in response, guides/supports the team/function in time of change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required. Must possess strong ability to influence at all levels.
- Connects across the company to build strong relationships with functional partners.
- Keen insight and understanding of business objectives with the ability to translate those objectives into HR priorities.
- Requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to develop solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems, which require an in-depth degree of urgency, engagement, and innovation.
- Ability to exercise judgment and independently determine and take appropriate action within defined HR policies and procedures.
- Is a champion, coach and mentor for the development of others.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Must be comfortable with challenging the status quo in a growing team, influencing senior leaders, and be very comfortable with toggling back and forth between excellent tactical execution and making sure there is a sound and longer-term strategy behind all our work and the solutions.
- BA or BS degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR or Business.
- A Master’s degree can be substituted for 2 years of relevant experience.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the HR field with a minimum of 10 years as an HRBP.
- Must have experience working with and influencing senior management, technical leaders, and technical staff in the biotech/pharmaceutical sectors. Must know and understand the drug development business and/or commercial business.
- Preferred experience with training and leadership development in creating strategy, implementing, and tracking of leadership programs (i.e. succession planning, leadership development, training programs.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. Must be comfortable to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- A strategic mindset but can also focus on tactical and operational issues. Must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Demonstrable skills in business insight, collaborating, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem solving.
- Must be very detail oriented and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, effective time management skills, pro-active approach, results and solutions oriented.
- Solid communication and relationship building skills; Connects with people and flexes style accordingly.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity