Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Regional Medical Advisor, Mid Atlantic. The position reports to the Director, Regional Medical Advisors. The location of the position is field-based.
The Regional Medical Advisor (RMA), Mid Atlantic is a member of a field-based team of medical scientists with established personal and scientific credibility who function as an extension of the Medical Affairs organization. The primary role of the RMA is to provide fair, balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals (HCPs) and to internal partners as required by scientific and business needs. The RMA is responsible for staying well-informed of current scientific and treatment landscape trends in therapeutic area(s) of focus and for building external relationships with HCPs (M.D., PA, NP, RN, Pharm.D.) and medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, build, and maintain professional and credible relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), in academic and clinical practices.
- Provide scientific and technical support for KOLs and academic centers to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on Myovant's products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Act as primary liaison to investigators interested in participating in Myovant-sponsored clinical trials and/or developing and performing investigator-initiated research
- Demonstrate strong strategic thinking and geographical management skills in building and executing territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans
- Respond to unsolicited requests from external customers for scientific information and education on the disease state and the safe and effective use of Myovant's marketed products or products in development, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Operations organization to enhance patient enrollment in company-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate clinical trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies
- Develop awareness and understanding of the competitive landscape, clinical strategies, and other developments relevant to Myovant with internal stakeholders
- Develops scientific and business acumen and demonstrates operational excellence including timely completion of assigned tasks, documentation requirements, milestones, and required trainings.
- Represents and supports Myovant at scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, or other venues and interprets and reports findings/action items to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Train Myovant speakers on Myovant products from approved speaker decks.
- Effectively collaborate with cross functional partners in a constructive fashion to ensure healthy team dynamic and a positive and enthusiastic work environment.
- Ensure all activities and interactions are compliant with all applicable local, global, and national laws, regulations, guidelines, code of conduct, Company policies and SOPs.
- Foster accountability via documentation of RMA team field-based activities and providing special project updates
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated combination of analytical, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and excellent skills to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures and to scientific quality and integrity
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative while working under tight deadlines
- Daily demonstrates a positive, 'can do' and service-oriented attitude; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
Advanced degree in clinical specialty (MD, PhD, PharmD) is required.
- Minimum 3 years previous RMA/medical science liaison (MSL) experience is required.
- Relevant women’s healthcare experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience effectively presenting clinical/scientific information required
- Expert understanding of the health care delivery system and its impact on patient care and regional medical care
- Values based collaborator - respectful, accountable, and collaborative
- Ability to relate and work with a wide range of people to achieve results
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule and territory management
- Ability to make decisions which have a significant impact on the department's credibility, operations, and services
- Ability to create materials such as reports, presentations for inside and outside the organization, and present/speak to groups
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- A valid license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) is required
- Approximately 50-60% travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity