Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Vice President, Global Supply Chain. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Pharmaceutical Operations and Development. The location of the position is in Basel, Switzerland.
The VP of Global Supply Chain reports to the SVP of Pharmaceutical Operations and Development and partners with leadership in Commercial, Finance, Contract Manufacturing and Quality to lead the long-range strategic supply chain planning of commercial products. The VP of Global Supply Chain will also partner with product development for to ensure a robust commercial supply chain in late stage development programs that are preparing for commercialization.
The VP of Global Supply Chain will establish long range planning capability and governance for capital investments related to product supply and support the annual budget process. This role will be accountable for designing and implementing core capabilities that drive proactive modeling and decision analysis of network and product strategy including governance, business processes/ procedures and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead global team to develop supply chain strategies, bringing integrated and innovative solutions to the production network
- Directs highly complex project communications at the executive level and ensures that all stakeholders are fully informed and knowledgeable of project activities and their status
- Schedules, coordinates preparation for and manages governance meetings in partnership with Product Development and Finance
- Establishes the cadence of strategic planning processes and coordinates with Finance and Product Development to ensure robust modeling of product and network scenarios to support decision-making in Governance forums.
- Responsible for long term commercial product portfolio and network analysis to guide decision analysis for products (API and Finished Goods).
- Communicates demand uncertainties and risks and develops options for optimizing supply network capacity and capabilities
- Liaises with Product Development, Commercial, Contract Manufacturing, Quality and Finance to facilitate alignment on sales and supply strategy, production capabilities and project priorities
- Facilitates goal setting ensuring alignment with company goals
- Aligns on agenda items for Governance and seeks decision from Governance in a time-appropriate fashion
- Ensures pre-read content for Governance is robust and complete with the required cross-functional input and fit with company and global product strategy
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in SAP, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees in other regions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years OR Master’s degree with 12+ years OR PhD in a scientific discipline with 10+ years of Supply Chain, project management and pharmaceutical line management and/or pharmaceutical functional area scientific experience
- Previous experience with sales and operations planning
- Previous experience participating in cross-functional project management at a product portfolio level
- Experience with ERP/ MRP systems required
- Deep understanding in supply, logistics and distribution in global markets
- Proven track record of demonstrated thought leadership in negotiation, management, and enterprise leadership skills (vision creation, strategy design and execution)
- Ability to navigate and work effectively in complex and global matrix environment
- Extensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry regulatory environment and supply chain processes, including material requirements planning, capacity planning, order management, and demand planning
- Experience in drug development
- Extensive understanding of and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of pharmaceutical project management
- Prior people leadership experience
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity