Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager/Associate Director of Scientific Communications. The position reports to the Director of Scientific Communications. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager/Associate Director of Scientific Communications will work on a high-performing team responsible for supporting publication planning, medical education activities, and congress coordination across the portfolio (Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer) for Myovant Sciences. This individual will be requested to understand scientific and clinical information for support of Medical Affairs activities including publication planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Scientific Communications projects and other related work to facilitate the achievement of both short- and long-term objectives for internal partners
- Participate in Publication Team Meetings with cross-functional stakeholders and support all aspects of publication planning activities such as managing publication development timelines and content development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts across the portfolio
- Manage core aspects of planning for key scientific congresses (eg, ASRM, ASBMR, ASCO-GU, AUA, ASCO, ACOG) to ensure strategic alignment across the portfolio
- Develop and maintain a Literature Reference Library, including the digital management system, to ensure references are up-to-date and linked to materials as appropriate
- Maintain the publication database and processes to ensure all activities adhere to Myovant SOPs such as appropriate filing, archiving, and timely communications and follow-up with all key stakeholders
- Collaborate across partners and vendors to drive timely execution of results
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of compliance with all relevant guidelines (ICMJE, GPP3), laws & corporate policies
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in a relevant scientific discipline
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PharmD, or PhD) preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years of industry experience in a pharmaceutical Medical Affairs setting for advanced degrees
- Experience in both large and small bio pharmaceutical companies considered a plus
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging
- Experience in interpreting and presenting scientific data
- Experience in supporting external agency management is preferred
- Strong aptitude to learn and use new databases/IT systems
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity