Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced for four of the five trials, with the final trial results to be released in mid-2020.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May, 2020. We are also developing MVT-602, a potential treatment for women undergoing assisted reproduction, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF).
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis. If approved, relugolix will be the first and only oral GnRH receptor antagonist to lower testosterone in men with advanced prostate cancer.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Manager/Senior Manager, Tax. The position will report to the Vice President, Tax and is located in Brisbane, CA.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Tax will work in a dynamic, fast paced tax environment and will be responsible for the preparation and completion of all Tax Compliance related tasks and projects. The Tax Manager will also be involved in cross border international indirect tax planning and the preparation of Myovant’s tax provision, including financial reporting and tax disclosures.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Tax will work alongside other members within the finance group and other business functions in carrying out these responsibilities and will help contribute towards Myovant’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of U.S., state income tax, sales & use tax, property tax and foreign indirect tax returns
- Preparation of the global tax provision under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
- Manage the preparation of international tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of R&D Tax Credit Studies to optimize R&D tax credit benefits
- Provide tax advisory services and support to other functional and business units
- As the business changes, develop and implement Supply Chain strategies to minimize the cost of indirect taxes
- Preparation of the monthly Transfer Pricing entries to reflect the sale of Drug Product from MSG to MSI
- Act as the Tax liaison to oversee the SAP implementation of all tax related items
- Identify and implement a U.S. and state tax return preparation software
- Assist in the development and implementation of a Global Mobility program if the need arises
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Leadership skills, business acumen and strategic agility
- Ability to work and communicate with operational and corporate finance personnel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully deliver results
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with both external and internal parties
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills
- Energetic and flexible team player with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Possesses the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done accurately, efficiently and with the highest level of integrity
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Possesses a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting; preferably with CPA, JD, Master's Degree, or other form of advanced education
- Twelve plus years of relevant tax experience, including 5 years of public accounting experience
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity