Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical startup company focused on delivering innovative women’s health and prostate cancer solutions. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Contracts. The position will report to the Senior Corporate Counsel and is located in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager, Contracts will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and managing company commercial contracts. He or she must have the ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the drafting, reviewing, negotiating, finalizing and managing third-party contracts and assisting attorneys with more complex agreements, including, but not limited to confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements (including healthcare provider agreements), master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, statements of work, change orders, task orders, and data privacy and information security agreements.
- Identify risks and efficiently communicate those risks to appropriate internal decision-makers for discussion and resolution.
- Interact with various internal clients and functional groups to effectively address legal and business questions and provide guidance as well as practical solutions.
- Follow and implement department processes to maintain transparency of legal review/negotiation for internal clients and track status of current contracts.
- Handle miscellaneous legal tasks on an as needed basis
- Partner closely with internal and external teams including commercial, commercial operations, market access and third-party vendors to ensure timely turnaround and negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Assist in training and guiding business teams on the use of contract templates, processes, and good contracting practices
- Assist with the management of company online contract request system, including updating templates according to new company procedures, guidelines or legal requirements.
- Assist in implementing new contracts policies and procedures
- Ensure contract terms are consistent with company policies and best practices
- Maintain and manage contracts workflow in an organized manner, including assisting with implementation of contract systems and processes.
- Legal projects as assigned
- Work independently without close supervision, proactively initiating projects and identifying ways to continuously improve contract templates, streamline processes and operations while exercising strong judgment.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Strong abilities and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Treats people with respect and inspires the trust of others
- Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with Myovant’s Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Able to collaborate, as well as to work independently while balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high level of professionalism
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships
- Exhibits honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings
- Prioritizes self-motivation, reliability and responsibility
- Able to be flexible and shift priorities as needed as well as willing to accept new responsibilities
- Exercises discretion and good judgment while handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to show good judgment, honesty, and trust building behaviors in all dealings
- A good sense of humor
- BS or BA degree
- Paralegal certification preferred but not required
- At least 6 years of relevant experience as a contracts manager or paralegal, including in-house in the biotech, pharmaceutical or related industry
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements
- Strong organizational and planning skills and detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under limited direction, and to shift priorities quickly while working under tight timelines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently while exercising initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow-through with specific task
- Flexibility and good judgment with a desire to identify needs and streamline processes
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity