Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women and for men. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager / Associate Director, Corporate Strategy (Digital Innovation). The position is located in Brisbane, California.
This individual will be a key member of the Corporate Strategy and Advocacy team, reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy. The Corporate Strategy and Advocacy team also includes Corporate Communications and Advocacy and sits within the Office of the CEO.
The Senior Manager / Associate Director will play a critical role in redefining care for women and for men. This individual will engage across the organization and with external partners to identify and implement capabilities, technologies, and solutions to advance the mission, including pre-existing initiatives like Female Forward Together and Forward Momentum (cross-sector coalitions focused on elevating the conversation around women’s / men’s health and driving change through research, education, and action). They will lead strategic and innovation-focused projects and processes to advance new pilots and initiatives for the company. Success in this role requires strong strategic skills coupled with a demonstrated ability to build and operationalize new solutions and deliver results. We value your entrepreneurial spirit and creativity in working to change the status quo.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside cross-functional colleagues and strategic partners to set strategic direction, implement strategies, and evaluate progress across company initiatives
- Identify, scope and manage strategic projects; maintain responsibility for deliverables and timelines, shifting priorities as needed; manage stakeholder relationships and expectations
- Analyze trends and competitive landscape, conduct research, and identify challenges for the company
- Facilitate business problem solving through structured hypotheses, detailed analyses, and synthesized insights leading to recommendations to senior management and business partners
- Develop economic models to evaluate new business opportunities
- Influence and gain acceptance of ideas through effective communication, relevant and insightful analyses, and creative thinking
- Act as thought partner in strategic discussions, above and beyond own projects
- Build and lead cross-functional teams to pilot and execute on new capabilities and solutions (partnerships, products, services, digital tools), leveraging human-centered design and product development toolkits
- Interface with external teams to evaluate new partnership opportunities and manage existing relationships and coalitions, including Female Forward Together and / or Forward Momentum
- Establish and support thought leadership efforts tied to key areas of focus
- Identify and drive opportunities to create and scale internal processes to support team’s success
Education, Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of work experience in strategic roles via management consulting, strategy, business development, product management / development or similar function
- 3+ years of healthcare industry experience across various stakeholders (e.g., life sciences, payor/provider, digital health)
- Graduate degree in business, science, technology, or related field
- Experience working in technology development / commercialization including an understanding across product development and commercial operations
- Proven ability to lead strategic initiatives or transformations in collaboration with senior leadership teams and in partnership with stakeholders across the organization
- Experience managing external partnerships, including partner identification, engagement and ongoing management
- Extremely strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills, an ability to summarize complex medical and scientific information for broad audiences, and experience creating strategic communication plans to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience leading diverse cross-functional teams to deliver results, and strong project management skills, including planning, timelines and budgets
- A purpose-driven mindset with a high level of energy, initiative, and ownership, and a desire to think creatively
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel approximately 25% within North America and internationally
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.