Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced in all five trials.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant priority review for Once-Daily, Oral Relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Area Sales Director – Women’s Health. The position reports to the Vice President, Women’s Health Sales and Marketing. The location of the position is field based.
In this field-based role, the Senior Area Sales Director, will play a critical role in designing and building every aspect of a new, patient-first field team. Because we will be operating in a dynamic, changing healthcare landscape, this leader will create an adaptive, agile culture within their team. Recruiting a diverse, self-motivated and high-performance team, leading with positive vision and positive intent, approaching issues with strategic and analytical agility, embracing power of technology and new approaches, partnering cross-functionally will all be essential determinants of success. This individual will directly lead 5-8 Regional Sales Directors within their assigned geography.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the VP of Sales and Marketing in designing and building every aspect of the new field sales team from roles & responsibilities, competencies and behaviors, training, data dashboards, rewards, recognition and team culture
- Partner closely with the brand marketing team to fully align on strategy, selling direction, sales team metrics and prioritization while ensuring a culture of strong collaboration and continuous feedback and engagement
- Through a team of Regional Sales Directors, ensure field sales representatives are well-versed on disease state, clinical product knowledge, managed care pull-through, and reimbursement support
- Role model behavior consistent with being an exceptional ambassador of the Myovant mission and cultural values
- Establish a management cadence and consistency by setting clear expectations and a culture of high performance and accountability,
- Develop the tools and strategies necessary to coach, train and develop Regional Sales Directors to build a progressive, inclusive and motivated work team
- Drive continued organizational improvement by playing a key strategic role in cross-functional meetings with Market Access, Marketing, Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial Operations, Human Resources, Legal, Compliance, and outside vendors.
- Employ business acumen to plan, forecast, and oversee operating budgets
- Drive commercial organizational Profit and Loss by actively monitoring both top line and expenses
- Engage with IDNs, key customers, institutions at a strategic level as a representative of Myovant
- Implement Brand Plan of Action strategies and tactics, to achieve corporate sales objectives.
- Monitor and assess competitive sales activity in the biopharmaceutical market and makes recommendations to senior leadership.
- Partner with Vice President of Sales and Marketing and the Commercial Operations team to develop, implement, and manage the individual sales IC goals for each region and sales territory
- Supports the healthcare community to consider the best treatment options for patients (e.g. considering alternative treatment or seek second opinion).
- Ensure all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Myovant Sciences commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- As a field-based position, this senior sales leadership role will require 40-60% travel including routine travel to Myovant’s corporate headquarters, based in Brisbane, CA.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Inspires others and their commitment by leading through other people leaders
- Builds and shapes hybrid and innovative field-facing roles to meet a changing landscape
- Demonstrated savviness in leveraging innovation and technology platforms and building a technology-enabled field team
- Willingness and desire to start with a blank piece of paper in creating strategies and processes to drive results
- Proven to be successful coaching and developing skills in all respects of selling (e.g., technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data)
- Creates, shares, and teaches other to share a compelling vision and business trajectory
- Analyzes, understands, and presents scientific/technical details, by bringing to bear a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Uses home office experience in Sales Operations, Marketing, Training, or Managed Care to build relationships, build cross-functional strategy, and execute effectively
- Has a consistent record of inclusive leadership.
- Develops strategies and business insights based on data by using deep sales analytics
- Leverages high-impact dashboards for field team and drives field utilization of analytics
- Extensive experience in driving formulary pull-through and establishing reimbursement/access confidence and fluency by the field team
- Breaks down silos and works cross-functionally by recognizing the upstream and downstream impacts of their decisions
- Exemplifies operational excellence and self-motivation to complete administrative tasks with attention to detail
- Leads product and disease state discussions during internal and external-facing meetings. Gains insight from the field and proactively shares knowledge of new product or disease state developments, including new considerations in the pros and cons of a product protocol.
- Effective time management and organization skills under limited direction and on own initiative
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders and employees.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in a relevant scientific discipline, preferably in life sciences or business administration, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of validated commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience (managing managers) required
- Recent experience recruiting and building an inaugural sales force for launch
- Recent experience working in a start-up company and/or division, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture and innovative mindset
- Preferably candidates will have a record of successful Women’s Health launches
- In-house rotational experience in sales operations, marketing, or market access preferred
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity