Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women’s health and prostate cancer. Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced in all five trials.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant priority review for Once-Daily, Oral Relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking qualified, highly motivated, experienced individuals for the position of Prostate Cancer Sales Specialist. The position is field-based and reports to the Regional Sales Director.
In this field-based role, the Prostate Cancer Sales Specialist will focus on achieving sales goals within the prostate cancer therapeutic category in assigned geographic territory. This individual will have a proven record of success in urology and/or medical oncology and will be highly collaborative, tactical, energetic and thrive in a nimble, start-up organization. The Prostate Cancer Sales Specialist will demonstrate a sense of urgency to prepare and successfully execute a new product launch plan for their assigned geography. The Prostate Cancer Sales Specialist will drive results through the sales team that is consistent with the company’s goals, mission, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures a successful outcome of product launch plans and achievement of territory sales objectives through execution of Brand Plan of Action strategies and tactics.
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all customer key stakeholders including medical oncology, urology providers, radiation oncologists, medical groups, patient advocacy groups, and all support staff for prostate cancer treatment.
- Becomes an expert in product information and effectively verbalizes clinically relevant and approved messaging to all stakeholders.
- Drives product demand through clinically meaningful and interactive dialogue with HCPs, a thorough understanding of the prostate cancer patient journey, product knowledge and expertise, and use of all approved educational resources.
- Creates and implements an effective territory business plan to guide strategy, tactics and track progress.
- Monitors and assesses competitive sales activity in the market. Shares information and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with Regional Sales Directors, Marketing, Training and Development, Commercial Operations, Market Access team and other internal stakeholders to effectively execute the launch plan.
- Acts in compliance with Myovant Sciences commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- The specialty representative role will require territory coverage of a potentially large geographic area, which may include occasional overnight travel. Note: All Myovant employees will be expected to follow local, state and federal guidelines in order to implement safe practices pertaining to COVID-19 return to work policies.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Has a proven, consistent track record of exceeding sales goals in assigned geography.
- Proven to be successful in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and has an in-depth understanding of the medical oncology and/or urology space.
- Understands, analyzes and effectively presents scientific/technical details and marketing materials.
- Proficiency in virtual/remote customer access and interactions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging technology platforms and business hardware/software.
- Experience with total office calls, including ability to confidently and compliantly discuss various practice business drivers such as GPO contracts, IDN influence, reimbursement and copay implications.
- Knowledge and understanding of payer mix, reimbursement environment, and distribution influence in assigned territory.
- Candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, preferably in life sciences or business administration.
- 7+ years of validated commercial experience in the pharmaceutical, diagnostic or healthcare industry, preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals.
- Current or very recent experience in Urology, Oncology, or Men’s Health.
- Recent oncology and/or urology promotion and/or product launch experience preferred.
- Working in a start-up company and/or division, reflecting an entrepreneurial culture preferred.
- Account Management, Market Access, or Advocacy experience desirable
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- A valid license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) is required
- Approximately 50-60% travel is required; overnight travel is required as needed
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity