Senior Manager, Patient Support Services
Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women’s health and prostate cancer. Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced in all five trials.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant priority review for Once-Daily, Oral relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly energized, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Patient Support Services. The position reports to the Director, Patient Support Services. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
We are preparing for an exciting patient support program buildout at Myovant Sciences. The Senior Manager, Patient Support Services will have proven ability to successfully design, build, train and support a multifunctional team delivering exceptional customer service within the prostate cancer/women’s health population. Ultimately, this person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day services necessary for patients to obtain access to all Myovant Sciences products.
This role will function as the subject matter expert for all patient support services. This role offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced and matrix environment during a launch year with cross functional Myovant teams (Market Access, Brand, Sales, Marketing, Legal/Compliance, Medical, and IT) partnered to support patient access. The candidate will make sure all patient support services launch activities are completed on time and to ensure best in class patient services are brought to patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of patient centric programs which result in positive customer experience.
- Support all new product and program launch implementation activities.
- Participate in the strategic planning for upcoming launches, launch meetings, market access team meetings, and other opportunities to interact with management and senior management in the organization.
- Train internal stakeholders on patient support program processes and rules of engagement.
- Partner with the Marketing group to identify promotional collaterals which would provide value to the patient community.
- Ensure programs and materials comply with direction from Medical, Legal & Regulatory.
- Manage day to day operations for fully launched patient support programs.
- Has oversight of contracts and partnership with patient support program vendors (copay, PAP, hub, etc.).
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure vendor is meeting goals.
- Manage vendor business rules/operations procedure documents, including drafting, as needed and partnering with legal/compliance for review and implementation.
- Ensure program compliance with program business rules/operation procedures through regular auditing of cases/phone calls.
- Coordinate weekly status calls and follow ups with internal/external stakeholders.
- Implement new access initiatives/programs.
- Serve as a day-to-day liaison with field teams, marketing and sales managers, other stakeholders which include resolving escalation issues.
- Review and analyze data reporting from the vendors to identify issues, trends and potential interventions to ensure program excellence.
- Work closely with Director of Patient Support Services to resolve any issues and implement new program initiatives.
- Work closely with Director of Patient Support Services to ensure integration of marketing strategies and goals are consistently communicated across all vendor partners and materials for HCP, pharmacy and patient audiences.
- Provide regular updates and analysis of patient programs to Director of Patient Support Service.
- Attend patient meetings and represent Myovant Sciences at industry conferences.
- Travel to sales meetings and medical offices as necessary.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Patient-centric and service-oriented mindset.
- Must be a team player with strong self-awareness and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be results oriented, have attention to detail, be accurate, prompt, and able to meet established deadlines, including ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority and successfully partner with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Position requires 25% travel to vendor locations, conferences, brand meetings, etc.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or consulting industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working closely with patient support programs including copay, cost sharing programs, affordability design, and hub models for pharmacy benefit (Commercial and Part D) products.
- Comprehend the complex environment of the specialty market, retail market, reimbursement/access challenges, as well as the OIG/legal guidelines for offering patient support programs.
- Previous experience directly managing patient and provider support hubs or services to ensure patient access to treatment.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and technology/web tools.
- Training experience is a plus.
- Extremely detail oriented to create and manage program documents.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity