Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant a priority review for Once-Daily, Oral Relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Commercial Analytics and Insights. The position reports to the Vice President, Commercial Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director, Commercial Analytics and Insights is responsible for creating and overseeing a best-in-class analytics and insights team at Myovant Sciences. The position will be responsible for leading the development of a comprehensive market research plan with short and long-term strategies for gathering, assimilating, and utilizing market insights derived from primary market data, secondary market data and competitive intelligence to inform the strategic and tactical direction for marketed and pipeline products across all business units (Women’s Health and Prostate Cancer). This individual will work closely with the brand marketing teams, sales management, forecasting, sales operations and data management, market access and cross-functional areas including but not limited to finance, business development, clinical, regulatory, legal, compliance and operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploying the appropriate resources across the team to ensure maximum performance and integration of strategic, actionable insights into brand strategy and performance.
- Establishing, directing and developing the short term (18 to 24 month) revenue forecasting function
- Oversee the commission and execution of market research projects including but not limited to qualitative market studies (referral process validation, patient research, segmentation studies, promotional mix studies), quantitative market studies (Attribute and benefit testing, conjoint analyses, attitudes and usage studies, core positioning studies), pricing studies, managed care studies
- Ensuring continued innovation in analytic techniques/methodologies, cutting-edge approaches to understanding brand and portfolio performance, opportunities, growth paths and challenges.
- Identifying and investigating appropriate tools/techniques, data sets and databases that will provide insights and support informed decisions
- Present key findings to relevant stakeholders and elevate findings of critical strategic significance to executive management
- Track and collate competitive intelligence from multiple internal and external sources in markets of interest
- Support preparation of short term forecasts, and long range strategic plans by developing and/or overseeing development of forecast models
- Provide insightful summarization of data, implications and recommendations
- Overseeing all activities related to commercial analytics and insights, including market research, brand and portfolio analytics, competitive intelligence and forecasting across Myovant’s portfolio
- Develop vision for department structure and anticipate resource/staffing requirements to support a dynamic organization
- Responsible for building and advancing the analytics capability, developing talent, cascading knowledge and best practices across Myovant Sciences, and ensuring all aspects of regulatory, and compliance.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate and align an organization
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ attitude in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience leading a commercial analytics function in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- 5+ years relevant background leading and developing a commercial analytics function preferably in business intelligence, market research, advanced analytics and/or forecasting
- Previous competitive intelligence experience desired
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and develop a team
- Strong ability to collaborate and gain alignment across an organization
- Primary and secondary market research data experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant data sources
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Familiar with complex research / analytical techniques
- Excellent management, organizational and people skills
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity