Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be a leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced in all five trials.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May 2020. In June 2020 the FDA granted Myovant priority review for Once-Daily, Oral Relugolix for Advanced Prostate Cancer. If approved, relugolix would be the first and only oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist treatment to lower testosterone for men with advanced prostate cancer. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis.
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Regional Sales Director, Florida. The position reports to the Senior Area Sales Director. The location of the position is field based.
The Regional Sales Director (RSD), Florida will build, lead and manage a team of sales representatives across a defined geography. The function will focus on achieving sales goals within the prostate cancer therapeutic area. The RSD will develop a best-in-class launch selling team and will maximize revenue growth and profitability. This individual will be a highly collaborative leader who is energetic and driven and thrives in a nimble, start-up organization. The RSD will demonstrate a sense of urgency to prepare and successfully execute a new product launch plan for the assigned geography in addition to driving results through the sales team that is consistent with Myovant’s goals, mission, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and hire the inaugural team of sales representatives in designated geography.
- Lead and directs a team of sales representatives, ensuring that they are well-trained on product knowledge, sales skills, market conditions, strategy and tactics, corporate policies and procedures, and business planning models.
- Effectively assures successful relugolix launch and achievement of regional sales objectives through execution of Brand Plan of Action strategies and tactics.
- Ensure sales representatives have direct accountability for their given geography and clearly understand performance expectations.
- Provide consistent, timely and accurate performance feedback based on observations of key customer interactions as part of an overall performance management process through timely assessment of performance using quantifiable outcomes.
- Establishes consistency in leadership/management principles and practices across the region. Develops strategies and tools to support sales representatives with business challenges.
- Plans, forecasts, and oversees regional operating budgets, while actively monitoring expenses.
- Monitors and assesses competitive sales activity in the market. Shares information and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Partners with Senior Sales Directors, Marketing, Training and Development, and the Commercial Operations teams to develop, implement, and manage the launch strategy and execution.
- Stays well-versed and owns a strong understanding of payer mix, reimbursement environment, and distribution to lead a targeted strategy in assigned region
- Ensures all department personnel are fully informed of, and in compliance with Myovant Sciences commercial compliance policy, all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
- As a field-based position, this sales director role will require 40%-60% travel throughout a large geographic region, with occasional travel to corporate headquarters, based in Brisbane, CA. Note: All Myovant employees will be expected to follow local, state and federal guidelines in order to implement safe practices pertaining to COVID-19 return to work policies.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Proven to be successful in all respects of selling, i.e. technical knowledge, sales techniques, interpreting/analyzing data, and has an in-depth understanding of the medical field and biopharmaceutical industry.
- The ability to share the business trajectory and vision with the organization and appropriate external customers in a manner that inspires commitment.
- Analyzes, understands, and presents scientific/technical details, by bringing to bear a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical marketing and sales regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Has a consistent record of developing highly successful region/district sales representatives.
- Has demonstrated proficiency in driving sales effectiveness, through robust analysis, and strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to multi-task, and work within cross-functional teams. Exemplifies operational excellence for administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leveraging technology platforms and business hardware/software in the development, management, and overall modeling of business plans and related key performance indicators.
- Leads product and disease state discussions during internal and external-facing meetings. Proactively shares knowledge of new product or disease state developments, including new considerations in the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, preferably in life sciences or business administration.
- 12+ years of validated commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry, preferably in specialty pharmaceuticals.
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience (managing field sales reps) required.
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical sales management experience leading a team in Urology, Oncology, or Men’s Health
- Demonstrated sales track record of success, leading teams and developing talent
- Specialty, Oncology and/or urology product launch experience strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of success and experience in start-up pharma and/or diagnostics company is desired
- Account Management, Market Access, or Advocacy experience is desired
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity