Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on redefining care for women’s health and prostate cancer. Myovant Sciences’ lead product candidate is relugolix, an oral, once-a day small molecule that acts as a GnRH receptor antagonist. The company has three clinical programs for relugolix consisting of five international Phase 3 clinical trials, two in women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (LIBERTY 1 & 2), two in women with endometriosis-associated pain (SPIRIT 1 & 2), and one in men with advanced prostate cancer (HERO). Positive results have been announced for all five trials.
Two New Drug Applications have been submitted to the FDA, including one for relugolix for men with advanced prostate cancer in April 2020 and one for relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding and uterine fibroids in May, 2020. A third NDA is expected to be filled for relugolix combination tablet for women with pain associated with endometriosis. We are also developing MVT-602, a potential treatment for women undergoing assisted reproduction, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF).
In anticipation of FDA approval, Myovant is preparing for inaugural commercial launches in the U.S. of two distinctly branded products, relugolix monotherapy tablet for men with advanced prostate cancer and relugolix combination tablet for women with heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids and pain associated with endometriosis. If approved, relugolix will be the first and only oral GnRH receptor antagonist to lower testosterone in men with advanced prostate cancer.
Myovant Sciences, Ltd. (NYSE: MYOV) is seeking a Senior Director/Vice President, Investor Relations to lead the company’s Investor Relations program. The Senior Director/VP, Investor Relations will lead the creation and presentation of a compelling, informative and impactful message to the investment community on behalf of Myovant. They will be one of the company’s spokespersons and understand the opinions of the investment community regarding Myovant performance, industry trends, and actions that may affect the company’s share price, and will be responsible for representing the voice of the Investor in meetings and presentations to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors. In this role, the incumbent will develop, oversee, and manage the annual Investor Relations plan, have an understanding of competitors, build presentations, press releases, quarterly earnings-related content, and contribute to the development of annual reports, SEC filings, and proxy statements. The successful candidate will be a seasoned Investor Relations professional, with broad buy- and sell-side relationships, and an established reputation of credible, high-quality engagement with financial analysts and investors.
The Senior Director/VP, Investor Relations will report to the President and Chief Financial Officer, and work closely with Myovant’s executive team, including our Chief Executive Officer and Head of Communications. The position is located in Brisbane, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a proactive investor relations strategy and program, ensuring that business strategy and progress is understood by analysts and external stakeholders.
- Build strong relationships across Myovant to develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of Myovant’s products, strategy, operations and financial performance.
- Act as a key spokesperson to the investment community with the role of educating and persuading interested parties regarding Myovant financial performance, industry trends, and business model.
- Maintain a pulse on the industry and evolving competitive landscape for Myovant’s development programs in order to effectively anticipate investor concerns and questions.
- Build relationships and communicate with an appropriate cadence to respond to analysts’ questions and gain better understanding of top investors’ behaviors.
- Maintain competitive landscape analysis, including the development of industry and peer company performance benchmarks.
- Manage the investor relations content on the company web site and ensure consistent and up-to-date presentation of company information in third-party IR related publications.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including corporate communications, marketing, finance, legal and corporate development, to develop factual and transparent investor messaging
- Handle day-to-day inquiries from investors and analysts, ensuring that information provided complies with applicable SEC rules and regulations
- Lead the earnings process including the quarterly earnings release, call script, and Q&A
- Lead the development of content for Investor Days, bus tours, conference presentations and fireside chats; ensure management is well-prepared for all investor events
- Provide counsel to the CEO, President and CFO, and executive team regarding IR Best Practices
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated success leading a strategic Investor Relations function, including having successfully developed and implemented strategic, proactive Investor Relations plans that have delivered results.
- Possess a strong network of investment communities, including investors, analysts, rating agencies and financial media outlets.
- Strong financial analysis skills, broad industry knowledge and sophisticated understanding of investor relations.
- Relationship development and management skills that are demonstrated across executives, scientists, clinicians and the finance/investment community
- Proven strong performer in a fast-paced, data-driven and start up work environment
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude.
- Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BS or BA
- MBA or CFA preferred
- At least 15 years of experience as an Investor Relations professional or in finance and investing in the biotech/biopharma industry; public company experience strongly preferred
- People management experience required
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be willing to travel 20 – 30 percent of the time for investor meetings and presentations
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity