Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director/Senior Director, Benefits, Wellbeing and HR Operations. This position will report to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources and be a member of the Human Resources leadership team. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director/Senior Director, Benefits, Wellbeing, and HR Operations will lead Myovant’s benefits, wellbeing, and operations teams in order to develop, implement and manage a portfolio of plans and programs that help attract top talent and encourage our employees to manage their overall health and wellbeing. This role achieves this through thought leadership about innovative strategies, leading the team to execute with excellence, and by focusing on an exceptional employee experience through strong communications and engagement. This role has overall responsibility and manages all aspects of wellbeing, health, welfare, retirement, voluntary benefits, PTO and LOA management. This includes plan administration, vendor management, compliance and policy development for Myovant. In addition, the ideal candidate will also provide leadership and direction in the development of the HR Operations function to ensure that our programs, systems, and processes continue to reflect the needs of the organization and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set short - and long-term benefits/wellbeing strategy, providing thought leadership and engagement with the HR team and other key stakeholders
- Knows the marketplace, latest trends and innovative thinking and translates them into culturally and organizationally appropriate goals and objectives for the team
- Aligns benefits strategy with overall Total Rewards, HR and business strategy and objectives globally
- Working closely with the SVP, Human Resources to set, monitor and report on financial performance of benefits/wellbeing programs
- Understands nuances of company and advocates for the appropriate balance of standard programs and custom solutions within a consistent framework/strategy
- Innately understands the link between benefits/wellbeing and Myovant’s mission and strategy and advocates linkages wherever necessary
- Strategically design and creates methods for proactively seeking stakeholder input, feedback and insights to understand the diverse and evolving needs of our workforce
- Creates and supports the effective branding and associated communications efforts to promote employee awareness and value recognition of Myovant plans and programs
- Optimize and scale HR programs and processes to meet the business strategy and operations.
- Creatively design, develop, and implement HR analytics and metrics that glean key insight into workforce trends
- Keeps employee experience top of mind, develop and implement communications systems, tools and programs to encourage understanding of and access to the right information at the right time for employees
- Leads the benefits/wellbeing team through organization-wide processes (such as annual enrollment), project management, etc with a focus on flawless execution
- Keeps “data first” mentality to advocate for data-driven insights, decisions and strategies
- Ensures that all plans, programs, strategies and communications are in keeping with the applicable regulations and that all filings, etc are completed on time and in a compliant manner
- Acts as “face of the function” to the organization, representing benefits/wellbeing and operations as needed on varying matters of business need
- Manages the benefits/wellbeing financials, ensuring proper investment and adherence to budget
- Develops, recommends, and installs approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefit policies, and manages administration of all existing plans. Supports the development and execution of the organization’s benefits strategy; partners with vendors to develop programs that are cost effective and in line with current benefits trends.
- Evaluates new programs and market trends. Assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against industry standards and comparable organizations. Conducts regular benchmarking to ensure that our benefit programs are competitive.
- Leads and manages the design and administration of all employee benefits programs, policies, and procedures including developing benefits strategies and recommendations based on Myovant needs and/or regulatory changes. This includes Absence management, transitional Return to Work program and interactive process.
- Evaluates and recommends updates to Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions, benefit summaries, new hire orientation and open enrollment materials, and ongoing marketing/educational materials.
- Manages and develops the performance and behavior of team through establishing expectations, performance standards, and ongoing coaching/feedback. Mentors, develops, and grows the HR Operations and benefits function to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Manages policy development, administration, and record-keeping of health and welfare plans, 401(k) plan, and leaves. Ensures compliance related to required communications, employee participation and testing. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local benefit laws and regulations. Keeps leadership informed of new developments and disseminate the information as necessary.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Finance, Payroll, and Legal to ensure that audit and applications regulation (i.e. SOX) requirements are met.
- Collaborates with the SVP, Human Resources and HRBPs to prepare, analyze, and present budget and get programs approved.
- Negotiates contracts for services and programs with outside vendors/brokers to obtain cost-effective, maximum coverage for employees for all areas of responsibility. Selects and manages benefit vendors and the relationships to ensure optimum efficiency. Manages relationships with outside vendors to ensure plan documents are properly administered, maintained, and updated and contracts are effectively administered
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, and HIPAA.
- Develops and maintain the data integrity and security protocols across the HR systems portfolio including regular audits for compliance. Ensures the integrity and timeliness of all business rules and data. Ensures that all departmental reporting requirements are defined and met.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of benefits plan administration including retirement, health and welfare plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of actuarial concepts, and actuarial analysis used to develop rate levels, algorithms, pricing strategies and changes.
- Knowledge of current ERISA, IRS, DOL, COBRA, ACA and HIPAA regulations to ensure compliance of retirement, health and welfare plans.
- Strong quantitative, and analytical skills and ability to generate, analyze and synthesize data and reports.
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of the financial and economic drivers of the overall business and benefit plans.
- Ability to explain, apply and understand of analysis techniques, benefit plan design and employee benefit laws.
- Ability to identify, design and administer plans that support strategic goals and attract, reward and retain talent.
- Ability to direct and manage the development and implementation of projects and processes for high impact programs and communications.
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
- Ability to understand and use information technology to drive process changes.
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant benefits and HR experience including demonstrated success setting and executing strategy. Leadership/people management experience required. Deep technical knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Ability to manage multiple priorities, allocate resources and make decisions in a rapidly evolving environment. Passionate about wellbeing, in all its forms and advocates wellbeing as a culture and engagement strategy.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity