Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to redefine care for women and for men through purpose-driven science, empowering medicines, and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Manager/Senior Manager, R&D Finance. The position reports to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Manager/Senior Manager, R&D Finance will be part of the R&D Finance team that is responsible for managing the financial planning and analysis activities for Myovant’s Research and Development organization, composed of Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Regulatory and Quality, Pharmacovigilance and Safety, Program Management, Clinical Data Management, Biostatistics, Programming and Clinical Business Operations.
The Manager/Senior Manager R&D Finance is an integral part of the Myovant Finance organization and will interact extensively with other members of the finance as well as R&D organizations. Each member of the FP&A team acts as a finance partner to one or several company departments. In that capacity the Manager/Senior Manager of R&D Finance will be responsible for supporting the Company’s quarterly close and reporting activities, including variance analysis and forecasting, the annual Budget and Long-Range Plan activities, assist with financial aspects of contract negotiations and any other ad-hoc financial / economic analysis in support of the assigned department(s). The position will interact with all levels of management within the organization and external partners such as CROs, contractors, consultants, other vendors and external auditors. This is a hands-on position that will be directly responsible for implementation and maintenance of complex Excel models to track and forecast R&D expenses, including clinical accrual models. Advanced Excel skills and experience with clinical trials is required. This position will also have a direct report.
The individual must have the ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, long-range planning and expense tracking of assigned clinical programs and functional areas
- Maintain lifetime study plans using clinical assumptions, contracts, business results, protocol amendments and change orders
- Partner with the study management teams to provide in-depth analysis of business results, analyze and explain variances, identify emerging risks and opportunities, and regularly communicate findings to the leadership team
- Serve as the primary finance business partner for several of the following departments: Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Affairs organizations
- Contribute reports for the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly reporting packages, and for the presentations to the Executive Team and Board of Directors; participate in the presentation and explanation of quarterly financial results to Executive Team members
- Coordinate with Clinical Business Operations and third-party vendors to obtain updates on work orders and change orders
- Manage the Phase 3 CRO accrual process to SOX 404B compliance and review the non-CRO Phase 3 accruals
- Work closely with the Accounting team and ensure the complete, accurate and timely processing of monthly expenses, accruals and pre-paid assets
- Work with Accounting to help fulfill audit requirements
- Participate in corporate initiatives and provide recommendations to improve finance-related processes and frameworks throughout the organization
- Identify and measure key performance indicators and collaborate with business partners to increase / improve financial performance
- Provide financial modeling and ad-hoc analysis to measure the impact of strategic decisions on financial projections or compare options
- Significant contacts with: Employees across the Myovant Organization including department heads and Executive Team members, CROs and other vendors, Myovant’s auditors
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in a relevant finance discipline
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity