Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Data Integration & Operations. The position reports to the Executive Director, IT. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director, Data Integration & Operations will be the acting lead for the IT organization in establishing a new center of excellence, data integration and operations. In this role, he/she will setup and manage a new data integration capability that will scale with the ever increasing number of systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all system/data integration activities to enable distribution, order-to-cash, and commercial process flows with 3PL for upcoming commercial launch
- Partner with functional stakeholders to develop business and data requirements
- Lead overall design and implementation of data architecture that will support key business processes
- Partner with internal IT system owners to complete any configuration changes necessary for launch
- Manage ongoing data operations between Myovant and 3PL to ensure business continuity
- Build extensible data acquisition and integration solutions to meet the functional and non-functional needs of the business
- Act as system owner for all data integration solutions and continue to optimize data integration platform to provide optimal benefit under increasing data volumes
- Develop an effective operating model that can scale to meet our growing data integration requirements across disparate systems
- Act as primary lead to plan, design, build, and operate all system interfaces required for commercial launch
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and knowledge of data flows, transformations, and related business rules
- Responsible for creating or co-creating data models, data flow diagrams, and other deliverables that can articulate the data needs for a solution
- Responsible for guiding technical development teams through project lifecycle stages while actively taking part in the design, build, and test phases of projects & initiatives
- Manages 3rd party vendors in accordance with solution needs (i.e. consultants or contingent workers augmenting the build team)
- Develop quality standards to ensure data quality and integrity across connected systems
- Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to develop business intelligence integration designs
- Conduct review of other integration developer’s designs to ensure consistent methodologies are followed and to make recommendations where necessary
- Work with Analysts and Business Users to translate functional specifications into technical designs for implementation and deployment
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Strong understanding of commercial systems, related data, and standard data exchanges needed for commercial operations
- Must have strong business and data analysis skills and be able to understand complex business processes to develop agile and insightful solutions
- Exposure to or experience with data discovery or analysis, metric definition or creation, and data manipulation or modeling is beneficial
- Exposure to or experience using SQL/PL-SQL language to design and create various types of data schemas for various needs (discovery, ad-hoc analyses, operational reporting, data warehouse/data marts)
- Exposure to or experience using Alteryx, Pipeline Pilot, or Informatica ETL tools is a plus
- Ability to leverage data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) to independently create prototypes or production-ready dashboards using various data sources (data extracts, database connections, etc.) is a plus
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface potentially key opinion leaders and employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in a relevant scientific discipline
- 12+ years of experience in consulting and/or full-time positions in the biopharma industry focusing on data integration, data warehousing, and business intelligence domains
- 8+ years of experience as system owner in planning, implementing, and optimally operating data integration (ETL) solutions
- Experience with commercial specific data sources a plus
- Experience with HCP/HCO master data management solutions a plus
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity