Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
Over the past 12 months, we had successful phase 3 trial results across 3 indications and we are currently preparing for commercial launch in all of them. Each of our indications represent large commercial opportunities with millions of patients in need.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis. The position reports to the President and Chief Financial Officer. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Vice President will support financial forecasting, revenue forecasting, budgeting, long-range planning and overall management/performance reporting and analysis. This role will provide analytical support for a broad range of operational and strategic decisions. In addition, this role includes responsibilities for treasury. The FP&A team works closely with the CFO and senior executives across the business on financial planning & analysis to support Myovant’s operations and strategic initiatives. The position will be responsible for management reporting to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors, while helping department heads throughout the company in understanding and managing the performance of their respective parts of the organization. This includes leading the quarterly forecasting process as well as the annual budget and long-range planning processes. The FP&A team also has responsibility for running the company’s clinical accrual models and going forward will be heavily involved in revenue forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting and analysis, highlighting trends and drivers of variance for the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Lead quarterly rolling forecast process. Ensure forecast accuracy and timely delivery of forecast in support of earnings calls and general quarterly management and board reporting.
- Lead annual budget process and monitor performance against budget throughout the fiscal year including variance analysis to actuals and rolling forecasts.
- Lead annual long-range planning process; evaluate long-term financial performance and financing strategy.
- Develop sophisticated revenue forecasting capabilities in conjunction with Commercial Organization, challenge assumptions and pressure test forecast accuracy.
- Prepare financial analyses to enable Executive Committee and Board of Directors) review and evaluation of capital allocation decisions.
- Partner with Product Development Committee and support the company’s portfolio review process.
- Develop and implement best-in-class FP&A processes and procedures to drive informed decision making for executives and functional leaders with the goal to drive financial performance across the organization.
- Serve as a finance partner for various business development initiatives, providing guidance and feedback as initiatives develop to ensure financial implications of potential transactions are evaluated.
- Forecast financing needs and assist in preparation for capital raises.
- Partner with the Accounting team to oversee monthly and quarterly close processes.
- Oversee clinical accrual process (owned by FP&A team).
- Assist in preparation for Board meetings, Audit Committee meetings, and investor calls.
- Lead treasury operations, ensure adequate cash resources at the company’s operating subsidiaries and optimize return on cash investments in line with the company’s investment policy.
- Develop and lead projects as needed to provide data-driven insights on important strategic and financial decisions for the company.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Experience from within the life sciences industry is highly preferred. The successful candidate will have already held key finance roles within a mature commercial organization and will have a proven track record of driving financial results and a demonstrated ability to drive change in processes and strategic decisions.
- Highly analytical with the ability to guide the development of complex financial models; ability to dive in to analyze details but also step back and assess the situation at the macro strategic level.
- Strong know-how of core finance processes to support forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning.
- In-depth experience in aspects of accounting and finance, including experience in revenue recognition and forecasting.
- Financial Business Acumen and the ability to represent strategy in financial models.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Demonstrates a consistent positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude; focused on problem solving and desire to be part of the solution. Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences; strong ability to influence and drive initiatives/processes.
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on with a sense of urgency, ability to collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive, relevant experience, ideally within the biotech or pharmaceutical industries; revenue stage pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience is required, including experience in revenue forecasting.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an FP&A function and serving as a business partner to other functions in complex situations
- High integrity leader who inspires trust and exhibits the highest level of ethics
- Can-do attitude with a strong motivation to execute, individually and in collaboration with others
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to influence, communicate and collaborate with others to drive processes forward
- Willingness and ability to work hands-on with a sense of urgency in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity