Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Patient Support Services. The position reports to the Vice President, Market Access. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, Patient Support Services will be responsible for building and implementing Myovant’s patient support platform for patients prescribed relugolix for advanced prostate cancer and uterine fibroids. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing and overseeing the company’s patient access and affordability programs through a patient-centric reimbursement HUB as well as the broader marketplace with the goal being to enhance and optimize the patient and prescriber experience and ultimately the patients’ outcomes during the entire treatment cycle. This role will be hands-on managing the vendor(s) who administer the HUB program and working cross functionally to develop and continuously improve process. This is a critical role to ensure a high-quality patient and healthcare provider experience in navigating health insurance coverage and reimbursement for the company’s two lead products (separate NCEs), in anticipation of 2021 US approvals for treatment of uterine fibroids and advanced prostate cancer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of the VP, Market Access and in collaboration with the brand teams and other internal stakeholders to design and implement the patient support service platform Myovant products including reimbursement support, copay/affordability support and other services as defined in the design process.
- Responsible for working with brand teams and internal stakeholders to finalize key program elements and to conduct the RFP and vendor selection process.
- Once vendors are selected, finalize program design and detailed requirements (workflows, SOPs, call scripts, etc.) and complete program build.
- Manages all aspects of the patient services programs including day to day operations, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Creates a collaborative partnership and an environment of accountability with vendors to deliver on service level commitments and to meet or exceed program KPIs.
- Works with the Commercial Operations team to identify and implement key data requirements and data integration needs.
- Works with analytics teams to report and analyze key program metrics and performance dashboards.
- Oversees HUB and copay budget management activities, responsible for day to day activities related to project invoicing and other financial activities leading to proper fiscal oversight of program.
- Ensures that program and program materials adhere to all compliance, regulatory and legal standards including meeting needed training requirements and adverse events reporting.
- Participate in periodic business reviews with vendors including site visits where needed.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Patient-centric and service-oriented mindset.
- Must be a team player with strong self-awareness and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be results oriented, have attention to detail, be accurate, prompt, and able to meet established deadlines, including ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others without authority and successfully partner with cross-functional teams.
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in marketing, health care, business administration or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience within marketing, market access, patient support services, or related functions in pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Familiarity with US patient data privacy requirements, and demonstrated success navigating patient care in a highly regulated environment.
- Proven experience of leading, developing and performance managing external vendors to achieve high quality results.
- Previous patient support services launch experience (pharmacy benefit – commercial and Part D) including vendor selection, and program design and build.
- Previous pharma/bio brand marketing and sales experience.
- Strong understanding of the US market access environment, including reimbursement support services, copay support programs, payer coverage, reimbursement, pricing, etc.
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to travel 30%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity