Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Corporate Counsel. The position reports to Vice President, Associate General Counsel. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced healthcare law attorney to complement our growing Legal Department as we further our mission of addressing unmet need in women’s health and prostate cancer through propose-driven science, empowering medicines and transformative advocacy. This individual will be instrumental in supporting the commercial and medical affairs functions as we commercialize our first product. This individual will serve as the lead attorney and internal client contact for providing strategic advice on commercial, regulatory and healthcare compliance issues affecting the marketing and sale of the company’s lead product in prostate cancer.
This is an incredible and rare opportunity for the right, self-motivated candidate who is looking to broaden their skillset in a rapidly growing organization that is set to launch multiple indications of a new product over the next three years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support global marketed product development and commercial operations. Responsibilities include counseling on laws applicable to pharmaceutical promotion and sales, industry codes and promotional practices, risk management and mitigation related to commercial and medical matters
- Serve as lead counsel for the prostate cancer indications of branded product, including participation in cross-functional committees charged with setting/implementing commercial and medical strategies as well as reviewing advertising, scientific and other materials (e.g. promotional review committee, medical review committee, etc.)
- Work with the Associate General Counsel in supporting the Market Access team by providing critical legal advice and guidance related to drug pricing, access, and reimbursement issues
- Understand the strategic and tactical objectives of the business and develop creative and thoughtful solutions considering the current legal and regulatory landscape, Myovant policies and procedures and the current and future needs of the organization
- Exhibit superior legal skills together with a proficiency for critical thinking and problem solving in a multi-functional environment
- Be an informed and accessible resource regarding new laws, regulations and industry trends affecting the company and the biopharmaceutical sector
- Liaise with Myovant’s compliance function to ensure risk-based advice is consistent with company policies and training messages, and can be implemented in accordance with company procedures
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school; admitted to practice in California
- At least 6-8 years of experience in a healthcare law role in the life sciences industry
- Prior in-house experience as a member of a legal department in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is strongly preferred
- Experience with new product launches is strongly preferred
- Experience at a nationally recognized law firm in an applicable practice area is preferred
- Command of relevant laws, regulations, guidance and industry codes including the federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA) and related FDA Guidance documents, the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the federal False Claims Act and the U.S. Pharma Code is required. Working knowledge of the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) is preferred.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Treats people with respect and inspires the trust of others
- Works with integrity and ethically in accordance with Myovant’s Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures
- Able to collaborate, as well as to work independently while balancing competing priorities in a fast-paced with a high level of professionalism
- Demonstrates daily customer-service orientation and a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Exhibits honesty, integrity, and trust-building behaviors in all dealings
- Prioritizes self-motivation, reliability and responsibility
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to be flexible and shift priorities as needed as well as willing to accept new responsibilities
- Exercises discretion and good judgment while handling confidential and sensitive information
- A good sense of humor
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity