Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Vice President, US Market Access. The position reports to Chief Commercial Officer. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
This role will build and lead the commercial function responsible for delivering rapid and comprehensive US payer access for products across Myovant’s portfolio. This leader will collaborate across the organization to develop and implement compelling payer value propositions and own the distribution, trade, channel, contracting and list/net pricing strategies for Myovant’s Women’s Health & Prostate Cancer launches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an active and highly-collaborative member of the Myovant Commercial Leadership Team.
- Continuously scan the US access environment for opportunities and threats and be a proactive resident expert in educating the commercial organization and Executive Team on this front.
- Create list and net pricing and payer access strategies and tactics that align to overall launch strategies for relugolix and enable achievement of stretch net sales goals for the product.
- Develop Myovant's strategy for Commercial Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DOD channels, and Hospital Systems.
- Continue building Myovant's market access capabilities within the US, including the establishment of multiple functions including payer marketing, field account teams, patient access/savings offer programs, trade and distribution channels, pricing governance, and contract operations.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop employees to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive access team.
- Introduce Myovant to payer and channel accounts to establish new and effective working relationships in all segments.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between payers and Myovant's executive teams to help identify areas of common interest for partnership to support broad definitions of value and a long-term perspective.
- Develop and execute distribution channel strategies to support current and future products. Oversight for channel inventory control and revenue recognition
- Develop plans to support patient access and affordability vis support programs and offers.
- Educate Field Sales team on access environment and partner closely to ensure effective pull-through of formulary contracts.
- Partner with Medical Affairs to ensure payer customers are well-educated on the science and data behind Myovant products and are able to obtain rapid and satisfying answers to their clinical questions.
- Identify payer data requirements and partner cross-functionally with Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Clinical teams to appropriately prioritize these needs in evidence plans.
- Demonstrate market access thought leadership and represent Myovant at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate
- Build a compliance culture and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulatory mandates
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Record of attracting and developing strong market access talent
- Biotech or pharmaceutical US marketplace launch experience in the pricing/access space
- In-depth knowledge of retail and specialty distribution channels.
- Experience developing and executing pricing and access strategies in Commercial, Specialty, and Medicare Part D spaces.
- Experience designing and building out a commercial function is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Strong negotiating skills and experience.
- Heavy customer-service orientation and track record of handling difficult customer situations
- Working knowledge of US federal health care policies and programs and all relevant legal, compliance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- 15+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including at least 8 years of experience in leadership roles in areas such as market access, managed care, distribution, pricing, health economics and outcomes research, with deep experience in the U.S. market access/reimbursement landscape required
- Ability to travel up to 50%
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity