Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Meeting and Convention Planning. The position reports to Vice President, Commercial Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager, Meeting and Convention Planning will lead the planning and coordination of commercial meetings including sales meetings (national sales, POA, training meetings) and other meetings as necessary. The position will also coordinate and manage the logistics of attending major medical conferences including working with the various professional associations to secure booth space, lodging and other meeting opportunities. Will collaborate with various cross functional partners to ensure flawless planning of logistics for those in attendance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and coordination of commercial meetings including launch meetings, sales meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Collaborates with the businesses on the development of meetings and conventions plans, communications, and execution of programs.
- Serve as lead with meeting planning agencies and vendors
- Conduct site visits of hotels/venues and make recommendations based on group objectives
- Establish timelines/due dates and enforce deadlines to ensure efficient planning and execution of meetings
- Manages rooming lists, food and beverage, audio visual, group activities, etc.
- Create attendee feedback surveys and lead post program debrief (with vendor team and internal team) and consider feedback to continuously improve the meeting experience and ensure meetings are meeting objectives
- Ensures contracts for hotels, conventions locations, and other miscellaneous services are negotiated in the company’s best interest
- Onsite meeting management and coordination
- Responsible for forecasting, negotiating and reconciling all meeting related expenses
- Monitor and track invoices and expenses ensuring expenses are within budget
- Manage relationship with vendors including meeting planning vendors, production companies and any other vendor associated with the meeting
- Manage all aspects of exhibits/conventions, including proactive planning, working within budget parameters and resource management
- Professionally liaises and collaborates with members of various departments, including Marketing, Sales, and Medical Affairs to determine exhibit/convention objectives and strategy
- Foster strong working relationship with relevant professional organizations (e.g. ACOG, LUPGA etc.) on behalf of Myovant Sciences. Liaise with contact persons to maximize visibility, exposure and professional reputation of Myovant Sciences.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong experience in marketing and/or sales operations in the pharma/biotech industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing meeting planning and other meeting support vendors
- Highly organized and strong ability to multi task
- Highly adaptable and able to handle evolving meeting priorities
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple meeting stakeholders
- Knowledge of leading meeting planning vendors a plus
- Strong negotiation skills to secure meeting sites and experience managing on site meeting support activities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead process from initiation to implementation
- Able to operate effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong partnerships with cross functional partners
- Ability to oversee and manage external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables and service
- BA or BS
- Minimum 4 years experience in a marketing operations functions preferable with experience managing commercial/sales meetings (national sales meetings, launch meetings, POAs etc.) and/or medical convention planning in the pharma/biotech industry
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with cross functional partners including supporting the Sales and Marketing Leadership teams and collaborating with other cross functional partners (Compliance, Legal, Finance etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in fully outsourcing commercial operations functions and effectively managing partner relationship.
- Experience negotiating agreements with meeting sites, meeting planning and other meeting support vendors
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity