Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has already shown positive data for 2 separate Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix in uterine fibroids and has three additional Phase 3 data read outs (Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) anticipated in 2019 and 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Sales Operations. The position reports to the Senior Director, Sales Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager, Sales Operations will build from the ground up and manage various sales operations functions including primary responsibility for developing, implementing and managing the sample administration and compliance program at Myovant Sciences. The position will be responsible for identifying resources, processes, and systems required to support the launch of Myovant’s Women’s Health & Endocrine products within the US. This position will also have responsibility for developing and executing fleet strategy, management and oversight of all corporate fleet vehicles. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, including Sales, Sales Training, Marketing, Market Access, Legal/Compliance, IT, and Human Resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaises with Sales, Marketing, Compliance/Legal. Finance, Pharmaceutical Operations Development, Regulatory and QA in determining optimal sample requirement for Field Sales.
- Establish and ensure the highest compliance standards with respect to sample accountability requirements and best practices.
- Liaises with Field Sales and, external vendors and various Myovant Sciences functions regarding sample supply and Field Sales sample orders
- Build and manage operational process, systems and controls for field sales sample ordering, fulfillment, storage and tracking
- Manage budget and invoices for sample accountability program
- Oversight of sample accountability vendor providing direction to enhance and improve efficiency of process and systems
- Perform sample analytics, trends and issue analysis to support brand strategies
- Develop analytical reporting and provide data to develop insights for sampled products and new product launches
- Partner with Regulatory and Legal/Compliance to drive development of SOPs, develop training materials to support the sample program
- Organize and lead the Sample Compliance Committee, to provide guidance and oversight over sample issues, determine regulatory reporting actions, and plan of action to resolve issues.
- Manage sample program budget and assist with monthly/quarterly accrual process
- Primary responsibility to develop, implement and manage the company fleet program
- Develop and establish fleet policies and review annually to evolve fleet program
- Manage relationship with external vendor including, fleet leasing company, automotive manufacturers, accident management company and insurance provider
- Develop and implement fleet safety program and training
- Identify and apply fleet industry best practices
- Manage fleet budget and assist with monthly/quarterly accrual process
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong sales operations experience
- Experience managing a sample program within biotech/pharma industry
- Experience developing functional capabilities including associated operational process and systems when none exists
- Previous experience managing a fleet program or monthly allowance program a plus
- Able to operate effectively independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong partnerships with cross functional partners
- Strong project management skills with the ability to complete a project from development to implementation
- BA or BS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial functions within the biopharmaceutical industry preferably in a sales or commercial operations role
- Sample and/or fleet management in a biotech/pharma company is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with leading sales operations/sample/fleet vendors and capabilities
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with cross functional partners including supporting the Sales Leadership team
- Demonstrated experience in fully outsourcing commercial operations functions and effectively managing partner relationships
- Ability to partner with IT to define systems requirements
- Experience designing and building out a sales operations function is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity