Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has already shown positive data for 2 separate Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix in uterine fibroids and has three additional Phase 3 data read outs (Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) anticipated in 2019 and 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Commercial Training and Development. The position reports to the Vice President, Commercial Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, Commercial Training and Development will build from the ground up and lead the Commercial training function responsible for building all Sales and Market Access training programs, systems and operational capabilities including people, processes, and systems required to support the launch of Myovant’s Women’s Health & Endocrine products within the US. This role will have primary responsibility for the development and execution of a formalized training curriculum in advance of our Women’s Health and Endocrine products. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Legal/Compliance, IT, and Human Resources.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the training and development strategy of the Commercial organization, building the product and market knowledge and developing the selling skills required to effectively engage customers and execute on brand strategies.
- Initial focus will be heavily on pre-launch and launch programs
- Lead and provide strategic direction for the planning, design, development and implementation of training programs including the technology tools (Learning Management System) to execute the training programs.
- Develop and establish training initiatives that translates commercial strategy to actionable behaviors
- Design and improve training programs utilizing innovative training methods and adult learning principles
- Proactively partner with Sales, Marketing, Market Access and Human Resources to identify knowledge gaps and work with Commercial and other functional partners to address them
- Ensure training initiatives are effective and compliant with regulatory guidelines through collaboration with functional partners including Marketing, Regulatory and Legal/Compliance.
- Partner closely with Medical on development of scientific content ensuring accuracy
- Work closely with business partners to determine training needs in advance to ensure delivery of a high quality and effective program
- Partner with subject matter experts and departments to identify training opportunities and strive to continuously improve training solutions
- Effectively source and manage external vendors to partner in the development of training curriculum and programs.
- Provide vision, leadership, coaching and development of team members
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience initiating, developing and implementing field training programs
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills and strong facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability with working with people of all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to identify and build functional capabilities where one does not exist
- Prior product launch experience as part of a training function a plus
- BA or BS
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial functions within the Biotech/Pharma industry, preferably in a sales training role.
- Previous sales experience in the Biotech/Pharma industry a plus
- Knowledge and experience implementing an LMS system
- Familiarity with leading sales training vendors and capabilities
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with and supporting Sales Leadership team
- Demonstrated experience in fully outsourcing sales training capabilities and effectively managing partner relationships
- Ability to partner with IT to define systems requirements
- At least 3 years managing a team of direct reports
- Experience designing and building out a Sales Training function is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity