Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has already shown positive data for 2 separate Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix in uterine fibroids and has three additional Phase 3 data read outs (Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) anticipated in 2019 and 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Associate Director, Marketing Operations. The position reports to the Vice President, Commercial Operations. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Associate Director, Marketing Operations will have primary responsibility for building and leading the Marketing Operations function. The position will be responsible for building and evolving all marketing operational capabilities required to support the launch and ongoing operational support of Myovant’s products within the U.S. The position will collaborate with cross functional partners including: Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Legal/Compliance, IT and Human Resources. These services/programs include but are not limited to:
- Speakers bureau operational management
- Coordination of the promotional review process
- Meeting Management Planning & Execution (National and regional)
- Convention Logistics Management
- Promotional Material Inventory Management and Distribution
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build Myovant’s Marketing operations capabilities including defining individual roles, processes, systems and tools required to support Myovant’s Commercial team.
- Provide leadership as well as coach, manage and develop members of the team
- Manage external vendor/partner relationships by ensuring high quality and seamless integration with internal processes and teams. Ensure all services are in compliance with Myovant and industry policies, practices and regulations.
- Manage day to day activities of marketing operations functions including speakers bureau operations, promotional material review process, meeting and convention planning, promotional material inventory management and delivery to the sales teams.
- Lead the effort to build, develop and implement a promotional review process through collaboration with Medical, Legal/Compliance, Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, IT and others.
- Build the speakers program operational approach including sourcing and identifying potential vendors, building and implementing compliant processes and systems, training and implementing with the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Provide leadership with managing meeting and convention logistics and planning
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong pharmaceutical marketing operations experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal departments and external partners to innovative and compliant programs
- Self-motivated and able to lead and manage a team that coordinates across functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop team members
- Ability to effectively develop and build new functional and operational processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated
- Strong management and project management skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems/issues and respond accordingly
- Sound judgment and independent decision maker
- Role model for compliant behavior and excellent business acumen
- Ability to negotiate with and manage vendors to deliver quality work on time and on budget
- BA or BS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial functions within the biopharmaceutical industry including commercial operations, marketing and/or sales operations
- Minimum of 2 years of speaker bureau operations/logistics activities
- Familiarity with leading marketing operations vendors and capabilities
- Experience with a marketing promotional review process
- Experience with Veeva Vault a plus
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with and supporting Marketing and Sales Leadership team
- Demonstrated experience in fully outsourcing marketing operations functions and effectively managing partner relationships
- Ability to partner with IT to define systems requirements
- At least 3 years managing a team of direct reports
- Experience designing and building out marketing operations capabilities is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15 - 20%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity