Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has already shown positive data for 2 separate Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix in uterine fibroids and has three additional Phase 3 data read outs (Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) anticipated in 2019 and 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, Marketing, Endometriosis Strategic Launch Lead. The position reports to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Women’s Health. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Endometriosis Strategic Launch Lead is a Marketing Director responsible for developing and implementing the launch strategy and plans for relugolix in endometriosis in the US and potentially Europe. She/he will lead a team that includes both marketing direct report(s) and matrix partners. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including the Uterine Fibroids marketing team, Consumer Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Sales, Medical Affairs, and region leaders in Europe. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced individual with a strong track record of commercial success in the pharmaceutical industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of the commercial launch strategy, tactical plans, and commercialization model for relugolix in endometriosis
- Develop segmentation, targeting, and positioning for relugolix in endometriosis within the context of the overall brand
- Hire, inspire and develop direct report(s)
- Lead refinement of product indication forecasts and commercial budgets in US and Europe with integral support from Finance and Analytics partners
- Develop launch campaign, messaging, and tactics for HCPs.
- In collaboration with Women’s Health Consumer Marketing team, develop consumer brand strategy, national DTC campaign and tactical plan, inclusive of media plan
- Inspire and motivate Sales organization to align to product strategies and flawlessly execute tactical plans. Be a valued partner to Sales that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Manage advertising agency partners and other vendors.
- Develop consumer brand strategy, national DTC campaign and tactical plan, inclusive of media plan in collaboration with Women’s Health Consumer Marketing team
- Partner with Insights & Analytics to identify customer insights that inform commercial strategies, tactics and product forecasts through various channels, including market research, advanced analytics, advisory boards, KOL engagement.
- Partner with Market Access, Commercial Operations, and Sales to ensure alignment of Myovant’s US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Med Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and thought leadership strategy.
- Provide commercial input on Myovant’s clinical development strategy for relugolix and pipeline assets. Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing launch strategies and plans for a blockbuster medicine in the US marketplace.
- Proven ability to grow the value of a business and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs.
- Familiarity with consumer marketing strategies and promotional programs such as mass media digital, and point-of-care advertising.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly-skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- BA or BS
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing and 8 years total across key commercial functions such as marketing, commercial operations, market access and/or Sales.
- Experience in commercializing products in Europe a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity