Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager / Associate Director – Medical Affairs Strategy. The position reports to the Senior Director – Medical Affairs Strategy The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Sr Manager/Associate Director - Medical Affairs Strategy will contribute to building a best-in-class medical affairs organization at Myovant. This role will be a driver of medical strategy and dissemination of key scientific data. The successful candidate will provide medical and operational input into core medical affairs activities and will coordinate with Commercial to ensure alignment between Medical Affairs and Commercial strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the Medical Platform for the launch of relugolix in the US for two major indications: 1) heavy bleeding from uterine fibroids and 2) pain associated with endometriosis
- Refine and ensure successful implementation of a scientific communication plan in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Support activities related to the preparation of publications (i.e., medical, scientific, and health economics manuscripts, abstracts, posters, and oral presentations)
- Direct involvement in implementation of plans that will be executed through multi-modal medical education channels, including publications, presentations, congresses, advisory boards, CME, speaker bureaus and other channels in support of relugolix launch
- Perform literature searches to remain up-to-date on the latest scientific and clinical data in the relevant therapeutic areas, and communicate with key internal stakeholders
- Build relationships with thought leaders, other healthcare professionals and stakeholders, including patient groups and professional organizations
- Provide support for the development, review and approval of scientific materials for internal and external use
- Work closely with the Commercial organization to bring the medical perspective to commercial strategies and tactics
- Partner with Myovant’s Research & Development organization for ongoing and post-marketing clinical development activities
- Define and attend relevant medical and scientific conferences to support speakers and presenters, ensure success of publication/communication goals, and participate in the collection and reporting of competitive intelligence within company guidelines
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Good working knowledge of good publications practices and guidance (GPP3/ ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct and other guidance related to pre and post-marketing practices and scientific data communications
- Execute the strategy and development of Medical Platforms for relugolix use in Uterine Fibroids and subsequently Endometriosis
- Ensure cross-functional medical alignment with the US MSL team, Medical Information & Medical Operations, RWE & HEOR and European Medical Strategy
- Development and implementation of Medical Advisory Board Plan to gain medical input from the healthcare community
- Adherence to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance in all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information
- Working knowledge and experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to multi-task under limited direction and on own initiative
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as the position will interface with key opinion leaders
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company
- A relevant scientific or healthcare degree is required (eg, PharmD, PhD, MD)
- Minimum 5 years in the biopharmaceutical or related healthcare industry, preferably with at least 3 years’ direct experience in medical affairs
- Prior experience in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Domestic travel in support of Medical Affairs initiatives (up to 30%)
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity