Vice President, Prostate Cancer Sales and Marketing
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical startup company focused on delivering innovative women’s health and prostate cancer solutions. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Vice President, Prostate Cancer Sales and Marketing. The position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Vice President, Prostate Cancer Sales and Marketing is a critical U.S. leadership role that will have significant impact on the company. This role will proactively assess alternative commercialization approaches in the U.S. and ultimately establish and lead the sales and marketing functions responsible for developing and executing commercialization strategies that support the launch of Myovant’s prostate cancer product, relugolix. The Vice President is responsible for providing commercial leadership and influencing key decisions for relugolix for prostate cancer and is accountable for maximizing the value of the therapeutic area franchise. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Market Access, Commercial Operations, and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of the U.S Myovant Commercial Leadership Team
- Develop, own, and drive the P&L for prostate cancer business.
- Lead refinement of prostate cancer forecast and commercial budget in US with integral support from Finance and Analytics partners.
- Lead the development and execution of launch marketing strategies and tactical plans to rapidly and successfully launch relugolix for advanced prostate cancer in the US in 2021 and follow-on data (delay in time to castrate resistance).
- Critically assess and partner with Business Development to drive organizational decision-making around the need for external deals/partnerships to enhance commercialization capabilities and/or cost-effectiveness of promotion in prostate cancer.
- Partner with Market Access, Commercial Operations, and Medical Affairs to ensure alignment with Myovant’s US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Own the development and execution of innovative and compliant sales strategies that align with the commercial vision of achieving commercial success for relugolix for advanced prostate cancer.
- Provide commercial input on Myovant’s clinical development strategy for relugolix in prostate cancer and any potential new urology/oncology products. Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
- Partner with Sales Operations to develop sales force size and structure and make critical decision about outsourcing selling efforts or building from within. Partner with HR to develop plan for any internal staffing requirements to rapidly build launch sales team.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop marketing and sales employees to achieve and grow as individuals and as a cohesive team.
- Provide input to Commercial Operations on requirements for sales force systems, data, training programs, performance metrics, and selling resource allocations.
- Partner with Commercial Operations and VP of Women’s Health Sales and Marketing on development of sales force selling models, competency frameworks and incentive compensation plans that will enable a rapid launch trajectory.
- Inspire and motivate selling teams to aim high, execute strategies and plans, and achieve results.
- Through teams introduce Myovant Sciences and deliver on optimal Customer Experience to customers, including building and maintaining long term relationships
- Partner with Medical Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and thought leadership strategy.
- Partner with Market Access and Medical Affairs to develop integrated customer execution plans to effectively and efficiently service customers as One Myovant.
- Demonstrate marketing and sales thought leadership and represent Myovant at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate.
- Upon launch, drive commercial team performance to deliver revenue and share goals while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing launch strategies and plans for a Biotech or pharmaceutical product in the US marketplace.
- Familiarity with selling models and core selling competencies.
- Proven ability to grow the value of a business and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and specialty product pricing, access, reimbursement, and affordability tools.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $100M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments, and business development deals.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong sales and marketing talent both internally and externally. Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Fully embrace Myovant’s culture and serve as a role model for colleagues by operation in a mature and professional manner while consistently demonstrating Myovant’s values.
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- Experience operating in specialty product market, ideally urology or oncology
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in key commercial functions such as marketing, sales, commercial operations, or market access.
- At least 2 years as a senior marketing leader (Sr. Director or above)
- At least 2 years as a sales leader - 2nd line sales leadership a plus
- Experience designing and building a sales team from scratch is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Periodic global travel, primarily to Europe
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity