Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotechnology IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has received top line data results for relugolix in patients with Uterine Fibroids, and will be filing their first NDA at the end of 2019. The results for the Phase III studies in Prostate Cancer and Endometriosis are expected to follow by the end of 2019 through early 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. Myovant is seeking experienced, highly motivated individuals to lead and continue to grow its Accounting and Finance team as we grow the company and realize our vision of becoming the global leader in women’s health. As part of that vision we strive to build one of the best finance organizations in our industry. The Company is located in Brisbane, California.
The Manager, Accounting will be an integral part of the Myovant Finance organization and will report to the Director, Accounting. This individual will primarily be responsible for the accounting of the Company’s commercial department, contract manufacturing, phase 3 clinical trials and earlier stage assets; including preclinical, clinical, manufacturing, regulatory and quality accounting. This individual will also be responsible for additional close and reporting related activities and process improvement initiatives. This role will interact with all levels of management within the organization as well as with external partners such as CROs, CMOs, contractors, consultants, other vendors and the external and internal auditors. This is a hands-on position that will be directly responsible for preparing accounting analysis, preparation of accounting entries and reconciliations and supporting the Director, Accounting with the overall accounting close activities to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Advanced Excel skills are required and experience in a publicly traded late stage clinical development company is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with FP&A and business teams to ensure accurate accounting of clinical trial and manufacturing accruals and maintain and/or review complex Excel models that are used to track these accruals.
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvements and enhancements in the accounting close process.
- Coordinate and lead monthly meetings with external and internal teams to obtain validation of % of completion and units completed for accrual purposes in areas of assigned responsibility.
- Review significant contracts for accounting implications and prepare contract summaries for relevant accounting considerations.
- Work closely with business teams to ensure that contract amendments and change orders are appropriately captured in the accruals and accounting records.
- Provide accounting guidance to business teams as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business partners in FP&A and Procurement to ensure that purchase orders and invoices are assigned to the appropriate departments and projects.
- Prepare accurate journal entries and account reconciliations for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Develop reports for financial statement analysis of clinical trial, contract manufacturing and commercial accruals, prepaids, and expenses.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external business owners.
- Support and implement SOX control procedures.
- Extended hours during close weeks as well as quarter-end and year-end will be required.
- Perform other related duties and ad-hoc projects as required by the position.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred. Active CPA license is preferred.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience. A combination of public accounting and biotechnology / pharma industry experience is highly preferred.
- Recent experience as Accounting Manager at a publicly traded biotechnology or pharmaceutical company is required.
- Hands on experience managing complex Excel-based models.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex. information from data from multiple sources.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to efficiently provide high quality work.
- Unquestionable integrity and judgement.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to successfully meet tight deadlines.
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt and work in a quickly changing environment, managing competing demands.
- Strong contributor in a team environment, with the ability to balance team and individual viewpoints and responsibilities.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity