Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Commercial Insights & Analytics for Prostate Cancer. The position reports to the Senior Director, Prostate Cancer Marketing. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Manager CIA for Prostate Cancer will have primary responsibility for developing the business analysis to inform the commercial strategy, including pricing and market analyses, long and short-range forecast models, market research plan, and leading competitive intelligence. The role coordinates input from commercial leaders, finance, clinical, and other relevant functions and is responsible for understanding the Prostate Cancer market while identifying key insights and providing actionable recommendations. The individual will lead the design and the application of qualitative and quantitative analytics to directly inform marketing, sales and market access investments across the commercial organization. As a partner to the brand team, this role will bring strong project management, support and recommendations to the team. This individual plays a critical role in enhancing marketing, sales, and market Access offerings, developing insights from information, and translating insights to shape commercial strategy and decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Forecasting & Analytics (50%)
- Responsible for the short-term and long-term revenue forecast and brand analytics for relugolix for Prostate Cancer.
- Regularly communicate with Senior Executives and strategic partners to report analytical findings or projections on forecasting, inventory management, and key performance metrics/diagnostics.
- Develop forecast models for the valuation of internal pipeline assets, external opportunities and lifecycle programs for the regional organizations.
- Provide thought leadership to commercial and global product leadership teams, expert opinions on the impact of market and competitor events as risks and opportunities to their near and long-range planning.
- Develop market research plan to inform business strategy, including qualitative, quantitative and secondary research projects.
- Create sustainable tools to enable business analytics and insights for commercial team.
- Manage vendor partners competitive intelligence, market research projects, and technical tool development.
Market Research (50%)
- Responsible for executing market research and competitive intelligence projects and ensuring high quality insights and recommendations to meet business needs.
- Work with marketing leads and other key stakeholders to identify knowledge gaps and market research needs.
- Develop market research plans and prioritize market research studies based on budget requirement.
- Lead market research projects to support the brand strategy, including vendor selection, design, execution and interpretation of market research studies.
- Manage vendor partnerships including negotiating costs, on-boarding, ensuring accountability, and project execution.
- Monitor the market and executes ad-hoc tasks in response to market events.
- Generate brand level insights from primary and secondary market research data, as well as other data sources to present to brand teams.
- Prepare key deliverables (e.g. situation analysis, brand plans, market assessments) to keep stakeholders informed and to prepare for future market research.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $50M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments to demanding deadlines
- Interest in exploring and developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Ability to recognize project issues/concerns and make recommendations to resolve
- Highly-skilled in influencing and effectively partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and confident executive presence
- Experience with big data analytics, working knowledge in programming with mathematical/statistical software is a plus
- BA or BS in Health Sciences or related discipline/Business Administration
- MBA/MS/PhD is a plus
- 5-7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in data analysis, decision support, product level forecasting and market research
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience strongly preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity