Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Manager, Payer Marketing. The position reports to the Director, Payer Marketing The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Sr. Manager of Payer Marketing will be responsible for supporting and executing commercialization strategies that support the market access launch of relugolix in women’s health and prostate cancer. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs and region leaders in Europe.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with Market Access leadership help with the development and lead the execution of payer marketing strategies and tactical plans to rapidly and successfully launch relugolix for two major indications in the US including value proposition creation, payer promotion, publication planning, training and pull through as well as providing input on the pricing and contracting strategy for each indication.
- Partner with Marketing team to deliver tactics that provide rapid, broad, and profitable access to relugolix for patients.
- Support Market Access National Account Team to align to organizational and relugolix strategies and flawlessly lead execution of tactical plans. Be a valued partner that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Hire and manage advertising payer agency partners and other vendors.
- Support int the development of product branding, launch campaign and tactics for payer customers.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Commercial Operations to ensure alignment of Myovant’s US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
- Support National Account Team team to deliver access, revenue and share goals in conjunction with sales organization while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
- Build and optimally manage payer promotion budget to balance goals of optimizing return on investment and driving launch performance.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience supporting and executing payer launch strategies and plans for a blockbuster Biotech or pharmaceutical product in the US marketplace.
- Proven ability to differentiate value with payers with traditional and specialty products and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs.
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategies and patient reimbursement programs including voucher, co-pay, patient reimbursement and comprehensive support services.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively leveraging market research, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $1M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Highly skilled in partnering with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payer/access marketing roles including launch experience and 7 years progressive responsibility across key biopharmaceutical commercial functions such as marketing, commercial operations, market access and/or sales.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Specialty experience, including oncology, preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity