Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of US Market Access, National Director of Trade & Reimbursement. The position reports to the Vice President, Market Access. The location of the position is remote/field based.
This role will lead distribution efforts for Myovant products with wholesale, retail, specialty and other pharmacy and/or distribution partners as well as compendia and associated vendors. The Director is responsible for both account management as well as the development and successful implementation of the organizational trade strategy and operating budget to ensure that Myovant product(s) are well positioned and patients have seamless and affordable access at the pharmacy. Additionally, the Director is responsible to design, develop and execute the comprehensive patient reimbursement and affordability strategy for all Myovant products in collaboration with the broader commercial organization aligned with corporate strategy and profitability metrics. This includes but is not limited to data setup and data reporting / analytics from 3PL, Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor, Wholesale, Retail, Reimbursement HUB, Co-Pay and other vendors in conjunction with IT and Commercial Operations.
- Develop and implement successful trade (distribution), patient reimbursement and affordability strategy aligned with the broader commercial organization
- Successfully interface at the account level with National and Regional Wholesalers, Specialty Wholesalers, Specialty Pharmacy, and Group Purchasing Organizations as well as National and Regional Chain Drug Stores to ensure adequate product availability
- Negotiate and manage contractual agreements with all trade customers and vendors as required
- Identify appropriate metrics and tracking to ensure the right execution and success; analyze product volume, trends, growth, for the wholesale/retail /specialty and other channels
- Manage all aspects of the business: tracking the supply chain, developing processes and procedures, and developing reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Work with broader commercial teams to build best in class patient affordability solutions including reimbursement HUB, co-pay and associated support programs to optimize patient initiation and retention
- Ensure data integrity and adequate data flows between the company and distribution vendors and trade partners; develop and disseminate distribution related analytics and reporting to ensure accurate information and timeliness
- Demonstrate trade, reimbursement and affordability thought leadership internally and represent Myovant at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc. as appropriate.
- Build a compliance culture and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulatory mandates.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Outstanding negotiating skills and clearly documented expertise securing profitable distribution agreements for both traditional and specialty products.
- Existing relationships with all national wholesale and specialty pharmacy accounts as well as knowledge of key reimbursement (HUB) and affordability (Co-pay) vendor partners
- Subject matter expert on all aspects of US distribution and reimbursement solutions
- Proven success launching new products and exceeding goals within established timelines
- Record of exceeding performance goals and successful cross functional partnerships
- Documented success partnering with other commercial partners to build successful distribution, patient reimbursement and affordability solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence internal and external customer teams
- Working knowledge of US health care policies and programs and all relevant legal, compliance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- 5 years of experience as national trade leader including product launch, with 10 years of experience in account management, sales, market access and/or payer marketing required
- Proven ability of successful distribution, patient reimbursement and affordability programs in line with gross to net management and corporate strategy
- Depth and breadth of current relationships with national wholesale and pharmacy chains (including specialty pharmacy)
- Experience in women’s health and/or oncology preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Equal Employment Opportunity
If you require any accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity