Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant was founded in the spring of 2016 and just a few months later, in October 2016, completed the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant has already shown positive data for 2 separate Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix in uterine fibroids, and has three additional Phase 3 data read outs (Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) anticipated in 2019 and 2020. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Product Manager, HCP Marketing for Women’s Health. The position will report to the Director, HCP Marketing for Women’s Health. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Product Manager, HCP Marketing for Women’s Health will act as a key member of the HCP marketing team at Myovant Sciences, uncovering data driven insights about HCPs in the women’s health space and using them to deliver the optimal HCP brand experience across all touch points. The role will be responsible for helping to develop and execute HCP commercialization strategies and plans that support the launch of relugolix in the US for two major indications: 1) heavy bleeding from uterine fibroids and 2) pain associated with endometriosis. The role will collaborate closely with the broader Brand Marketing team, Market Access, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics, Medical Affairs, Legal and Patient Advocacy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the building of pre-launch and launch tactical plans aimed at raising the level of HCP knowledge about uterine fibroids and endometriosis, rapidly building brand awareness and differentiation, and motivating and empowering HCPs to take action to better manage their patients with uterine fibroids and endometriosis.
- Contribute to developing critical strategic decisions including patient journey, customer segmentation, messaging, objection handling, and product positioning statements.
- Manage and evaluate external agencies, consultants and vendors to develop marketing programs in support of achieving Myovant’s strategic objectives
- Assess the opportunity to leverage HCPs to drive prescribing and make the case for appropriate investment by leveraging market research, market analogs, and ROI analyses.
- Contribute to developing pre-launch and launch HCP promotion campaigns and tactics for target consumers including disease education.
- Conduct advisory boards to help Myovant obtain feedback from HCP advisors in order to optimize the relugolix customer experience
- Build out and oversee the HCP speakers bureau (MD and RN audiences) to help ensure surround sound of relugolix upon FDA approval
- Help to define and establish broadly within the company the optimal HCP customer experience and build cross-functional plans to achieve across all HCP touch points.
- Partner with Market Access team to develop patient access programs that provide rapid, broad, and profitable access to relugolix for patients.
- Interact with sales, sales leadership, and sales training to ensure Myovant’s field representatives are trained in key marketing messages and patient assistance programs
- In partnership with Business Analytics, build and execute measurement plan to track results over time and measure return on investment, where feasible. Constantly reassess performance and reallocate investment across channels to optimize results.
- Ensure that all marketing activities are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing HCP marketing strategies and promotional programs including partnering with a creative Agency of Record (AoR) and working with a PRC/MLR to ensure compliance of delivered tactics.
- Proven ability to deliver on projected results including impressions, awareness, and ROI.
- Working knowledge of current digital marketing environment and dynamics, including prevailing HCP channels, usage habits, and advertising approaches.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging market research and developing, tracking, and acting on performance metrics and market insights.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
- History of effectively partnering with advertising agencies to realize the best of their abilities.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Strong track record of project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize
- Highly-skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence senior leaders.
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in HCP marketing and 6 years total across key commercial functions such as commercial operations, market research/analytics, sales, or sales training.
- Experience managing an AoR is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity