Director, US Market Access, Pricing & Contracting Strategy
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Director, US Market Access, Pricing & Contracting Strategy. The position reports to the Vice President, Marketing. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Director, Pricing & Contracting Strategy will lead the function and one or more direct reports in developing and executing commercialization strategies that support the market access launch of relugolix in women’s health and prostate cancer. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Build the Pricing & Contracting Framework for relugolix to prepare for launch in 2020.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop pricing and contracting to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team.
- Lead the development and execution of pricing and contracting strategies in partnership with VP for all Myovant product(s), including but not limited to: list pricing, contracting strategy, contract and invoice management, deal modeling, contract analytics, pricing committee management, gross to net management, and government (federal and state) price reporting requirements (some via external vendors).
- Partner closely with Finance, Accounting and Pricing Committee leadership to co-develop and manage contracting grants of authority (GOA) and GTN within specified approved ranges.
- Support Market Access National Account Team to attain organizational and relugolix access strategies. Be a valued partner that actively solicits input and provides valuable feedback.
- Hire and manage pricing and contracting support vendor(s).
- Develop ROI metrics for contracts to maximize value and contract retention and provide input into organizational pull through initiatives and integration with sales IC as applicable.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Finance, and Commercial Operations to ensure alignment of Myovant’s US commercialization strategy and plans.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform payer customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
- Provide pricing and GTN input into brand strategy and tactic development.
- Participate in portfolio prioritization activities for clinical and pre-clinical programs.
- Provide commercial input regarding creation of access, revenue and share goals in conjunction with sales organization while continuously assessing performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve.
- to balance goals of optimizing return on investment and driving launch performance.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Experience developing and executing pricing and contracting launch strategies for a blockbuster Biotech or pharmaceutical product in the US marketplace.
- Proven ability to differentiate value with payers with traditional and specialty products and to deliver against aggressive commercial goals.
- Working knowledge of current US pricing environment and dynamics, including prevailing payers and their formulary tactics, and patient savings offers and access programs and impact on gross to net (revenue).
- Experience developing contract management practices, pricing committee, vendor government price reporting and contract ROI.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively directing and leveraging data, market research and customer insights to optimize price and contracting strategy to support access and revenue goals.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, responsibly managing budgets in excess of $5M, and partnering with Finance on ROI and NPV analyses for assets, programs, investments.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly-skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong marketing talent both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to grow and develop others.
- BA or BS, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Biopharmaceutical pricing and contracting roles including launch experience and 10 years of progressive responsibility across key biopharmaceutical functions such as contracting, market access, analytics and finance.
- Prior management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing external government pricing/contract management vendors strongly preferred.
- Specialty experience, including oncology, preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity