Myovant Sciences aspires to be the leading healthcare company focused on innovative treatments for women’s health and prostate cancer designed to improve the lives of millions. We are on a mission to develop and deliver empowering medicines for women’s health and prostate cancer through purpose-driven science and transformative advocacy. We are looking for passionate and hard-working individuals who share our excitement for this mission.
We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Senior Director, Pricing and Contracting Strategy. The position reports to Vice President, Market Access. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The Senior Director, Pricing & Contracting Strategy will lead the function and one or more direct reports in developing and executing the pricing and contracting strategies to support the launch of relugolix in women’s health and prostate cancer. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Senior Leadership, Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build the Myovant strategic pricing & contracting capability and organization to prepare for current and future product launches.
- Lead contract operations and government price reporting functions through third party vendor relationships. Manage vendor relationships and budgets.
- Work closely with Finance, to build the pricing and contracting framework and governance, including management of Pricing Committee.
- Lead strategic pricing and contracting analytics, including payer, and provider deal modeling, assessing implications of deal scenarios on ROI, gross to net (GTN) , and government pricing programs.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop the pricing and contracting organization to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team.
- Partner with Business Analytics on the development and delivery of market insights that inform payer and provider customer strategies, tactics and product forecasts.
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
- Experience leading a pharmaceutical pricing and contracting organization.
- Product launch experience – setting launch pricing and contracting strategy for products reimbursed under the pharmacy benefit.
- Working knowledge of current US market access environment, including pricing environment and dynamics, payer coverage dynamics, and government pricing programs.
- Experience overseeing pricing governance including pricing committee.
- Vendor contract operations and government price reporting management.
- High analytical capability with history of effectively leveraging strategic insights, data, market research, and customer insights to optimize price and contracting strategy to support access and revenue goals.
- Strong financial background in building forecasts, and partnering with Finance on GTN, ROI and NPV analyses and forecasting.
- A fierce and motivating competitive spirit and demonstrated track record of outmaneuvering and winning against the competition in manner that is aligned with Myovant values and rules of compliance.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams and have the managerial courage to make and stand by difficult decisions.
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence the Executive Team.
- Record of attracting and developing strong pricing and contracting talent, proven ability to grow and develop others.
- Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Arts in marketing, health care, business administration or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in biopharmaceutical pricing and contracting roles including launch experience and 10 years of progressive responsibility across key biopharmaceutical functions such as contracting, market access, analytics and finance.
- Prior team management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing external government pricing/contract management vendors strongly preferred.
- Travel up to 25%
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity