US Market Access, National Account Director
Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for women’s health and endocrine diseases with a mission to become the global leader in women’s health. Myovant launched in the spring of 2016 and completed just a few months later, in October 2016, the largest biotech IPO of the year. Since then the company has been on a rapid growth trajectory and is on track to become an exciting new success story. Myovant expects data from five Phase 3 clinical trials for relugolix across three indications (Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis and Prostate Cancer) in 2019. Each of these indications represent major commercial opportunities for which the company has retained full US and EU rights. In addition, Myovant has global rights to a second product candidate, MVT-602, which is being developed for the treatment of female infertility as part of assisted reproduction. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of US Market Access, National Account Director. The position reports to the Sr. Director, US Market Access, National Accounts. The location of the position is remote/field based.
This role will lead the field market access efforts with assigned national account(s), their downstream accounts/clients, select sub-national or regional accounts. The NAD (National Account Director) is responsible for delivering Myovant corporate and relugolix payer value proposition, negotiate profitable access through approved contract guidelines and orchestrate pull through efforts aligned with brand and market access strategy to support the sales organization for Myovant’s Women’s Health & Prostate Cancer launches. The role will collaborate closely with cross-functional leaders, including Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, Business Analytics and Medical Affairs.
- Generate corporate awareness, conduct market shaping and disease state awareness in advance of relugloix approvals in women’s health and prostate cancer.
- Upon launch, drive market access performance to deliver favorable formulary coverage at segmented payer targets, manage revenue and share goals while continuously assessing account performance metrics and adjusting strategies and plans to achieve organizational objectives.
- Partner closely with aligned sales leadership to provide training, direction and support with local access opportunities, provide leadership and coaching for sales team pull and push through initiatives.
- Continuously scan the US payer customer environment for opportunities and threats.
- Work with the Sr. Director to develop customer access strategies and tactics that align to overall launch strategies and approved contracting guidelines for relugolix.
- Lead customer interactions with assigned Commercial Health Plans, Pharmacy Benefit Managers, State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DOD channels, and Hospital Systems.
- Facilitate the development of relationships between payers and Myovant's executive teams to help identify areas of common interest for partnership to support broad definitions of value and a long-term perspective.
- Partner with Medical Affairs on the execution and development of an integrated scientific and market access strategy at the account level.
- Demonstrate market access thought leadership and represent Myovant at key meetings, functions, and conferences, etc., when appropriate.
- Build a compliance culture and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulatory mandates.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Outstanding negotiating skills and clearly documented expertise securing profitable access and removal of restrictions (PA/SE/Etc) with both traditional and specialty products.
- Existing relationships with one or more national PBM’s and/or payer accounts with proven track record of access generation within timelines at targeted accounts.
- Subject matter expert on all aspects of US reimbursement across traditional payer channels (i.e. commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Federal and Institutions).
- Proven success launching new products and exceeding access goals within established timelines.
- Record of exceeding performance goals and successful cross functional partnerships.
- Documented success partnering with other commercial partners to train and drive pull and push through initiatives with sales leadership resulting in targeted plan growth or new access.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, confident executive presence, and ability to communicate with and influence internal and external customer teams.
- Working knowledge of US federal health care policies and programs and all relevant legal, compliance, regulatory and reporting requirements
- Bachelor's degree. MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in national account leadership roles involving product launch with 10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical sales, market access/payer marketing, brand marketing, reimbursement, distribution, pricing, health economics and outcomes research required.
- Proven ability of successful private and public payer contract negotiation, effective gross to net management and pull through success.
- Depth and breadth of current relationships with several top national PBM(s) and health plans required in pharmacy, preferred to also have in specialty products
- Experience in women’s health and/or oncology preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75%
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity