Myovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical startup company focused on delivering innovative women’s health and prostate cancer solutions. We are currently seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced individual for the position of Sr. Administrative Assistant. The location of the position is in Brisbane, CA.
The position of Sr Administrative Assistant will provide executive level and administrative support to the Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Market Access as well as light support to members of their teams. Will serve as a liaison to other members of Myovant’s commercial leadership team. Will external oversee special projects within the department, such as meeting planning. The Sr. Administrative Assistant will be proactive, creative and enjoy working within a small, growing, entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven and community oriented. Will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Must have the ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- May be asked to manage certain communications and correspondence including emails and phone calls - including redirecting calls, and appropriately responding to urgent inquiries from company leadership, external stakeholders and other constituencies.
- Serve as a department and company "cultural ambassador" to reinforce Myovant’s commitment to excellence, collaboration, and customer-service oriented culture and values.
- May handle sensitive company documents, presentation materials
- Provide meeting and event coordination, on- and off-site, including reservations and attendee communication, setting up audio and video conferencing, as well as catering and preparation of meeting and program materials.
- Support and execution of travel activities: prepare and coordinate travel, including accommodations, and compile, submit, and track expenses for the Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Market Access.
- Interface effectively and respectfully with employees and internal and external contacts.
- Handle information and documentation appropriately and effectively.
- Establish, update and maintain files, inventories, and records (paper and electronic, and other platforms as needed).
- May be asked to proofread documents and materials and correct as necessary and/or compose routine correspondence using predetermined formats.
- Maintain complex and demanding Outlook calendars and recurring meetings; prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed.
- Provide clerical support as necessary, including filing, faxing, copying, collating, and shipping.
- Order and maintain department supplies and equipment.
- Be a strong team player and support colleagues as needed.
- Support recruiting efforts for external job candidates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism, and ability to work with limited direction.
- Ability to present themselves in appearance and conversationally in a professional manner at the executive level.
- Daily demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude. Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
- Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight deadlines.
- Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
- Required skill in the operation of standard office equipment including: fax machines, copy machines and other equipment as necessary.
- Strong PC experience and demonstrated proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and on-line meeting applications.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely poised individual that can interact with C-level leaders
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company.
- College degree, or equivalent experience desired
- A minimum of 4 years of administration experience, preferably in a life science, biotechnology (or other high-tech), pharmaceutical, health care or other service sector company environment
- Executive administration experience desirable
- Experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment is a plus
Travel, Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Regularly required to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk
- Regularly required to use hands to operate computer and other office equipment
- Close vision required for computer usage
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 20 pounds
If you require any accommodations, please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity